Benjie Offical Thread
Feb 13, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,216 of 2,126
@LaughMoreDaily are you confusing with the (one) negative review on here of the Benjie K9? As I saw one review - within this thread I think - of the K9 which said similar words to those you're using. K9 is similar prIce level to the S5.

I take the blame for everything I said, I was confusing one product with another. I'll delete my post when I can but since people have already quoted it. There's almost no point. :frowning2:

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,221 of 2,126
On vacation I used the S5 with monk+ exclusively, for many hours a day and was happy with it. Especially during the 4 hour wait at the airport.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,222 of 2,126
@fredhubbard2 yeah, I agree with you. I'm only using an a1 with my s5 and the result is definitely positive and really noticable.

that's why I'm having a hard time choosing between the topping nx1a and e12a as I'm also considering pairing one of them with a fiio x3ii or 5ii next month when I already have the budget.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,223 of 2,126
@fredhubbard2 yeah, I agree with you. I'm only using an a1 with my s5 and the result is definitely positive and really noticable.

that's why I'm having a hard time choosing between the topping nx1a and e12a as I'm also considering pairing one of them with a fiio x3ii or 5ii next month when I already have the budget.

I use a topping nx1 with mine, really clean boost for the S5

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,224 of 2,126
I tried pairing s5 with different amps, but without amps I like it better, IMO :hushed:

I agree, I see the S5 as a quick fuss-free player that is easy to bring along for quick listening. Of course it is not on par with other higher-end DAPs, but with its small form factor and good overall sound quality, it is easy to like it!

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #1,225 of 2,126
may I ask what is the average battery life when listening flac files continuously? each website shows different values , varies from 12 hours to 58 hours playback (hard to believe that 58 hours promise). if someone who actually uses this dap would answer this question , I would be much appreciated.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #1,227 of 2,126
may I ask what is the average battery life when listening flac files continuously? each website shows different values , varies from 12 hours to 58 hours playback (hard to believe that 58 hours promise). if someone who actually uses this dap would answer this question , I would be much appreciated.

Nowhere near 58, when I used one I reckon it was about 15hrs, sometimes a little more. Battery is decent from such a small device, there's no space to install a larger battery sadly.

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,228 of 2,126
thanks guys , I was about to order and it made my decision clear. I will order one now , thanks again for feedback.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,230 of 2,126
Enjoy it, it's an excellent little player for the money, the earbuds bundled with it are also excellent if you want to give them a go.

​yes I heard about them as well , but I guess they are not in-ear earphones , I mostly enjoy in-ear or over-ear headphones. I also own a cheap but quite good in-ear headphones (Rock Zircon) and Sony MDR-1RBT over-ear headphones for a better listening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back