Behringer DEQ2496 compatibility issues? (anyone using it with TB Audio Advantage?)
Oct 20, 2005 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GirgleMirt

500+ Head-Fier
So I've got a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage and a Behringer DEQ2496, and I can't get them to work together...

The AA is my only source of digital besides a cdp, so I'm wondering if something could be wrong with the AA or the DEQ... The DEQ shows its sample rate at "unlocked" when no digital inputs are connected, but as soon as I connect a cdp , even if there's no music playing, it automatically changes the "Unlocked" to "44.1kHz". When I connect the AA, nothing, nada, stays at "Unlocked"

So I'm wondering, has anyone had any compatibility issues with the DEQ2496 and with any soundcards? Anyone using an AA with a DEQ?

Oh, and btw, I said before that the AA had a good analog, turns out that its actually noisier than my laptop integrated, found that out yesterday when trying to play a very low volume movie... So I hope I can get the digital ou to work...
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 7
page2 bump!

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 7
This is just a guess, but I think that the card is not outputting PCM but AC-3 or something else instead. This thread might have fared better in the computer sources forum, I guess
confused.gif

/JF

Oct 26, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 7
well according to TB tech, the card does output PCM..

I had a thread going in the computer as source, but I think more people with experience with the DEQ2496 might be hanging here rather than in the computer as source...

Oct 26, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GirgleMirt
well according to TB tech, the card does output PCM..

I had a thread going in the computer as source, but I think more people with experience with the DEQ2496 might be hanging here rather than in the computer as source...

Guess you're just out of luck and everybody else is as perplexed as I am. Sorry I can't help you more.

/JF

Oct 26, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Seems obvious but maybe you overlooked it... Assuming your using optical in. Do you have the input set to digital opt on your DEQ2496 (and pressed large knob to lock it)?

Oct 27, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #7 of 7
Well its fixed... And it was a very stupid problem/solution...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...0&ctab=15#Tabs When I first got it I tested all its inputs/outputs with the DEQ and cdp player and all work perfectly. Turns out the AA works when it doesn't go thru the selector, but doesn't work when it goes thru it... Which is very weird, the DVD player is also plugged thru the selector and works perfectly. The optical signal from the AA must be weaker, and passing thru the selector weakens it enough so that its not correctly read from the DEQ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back