Beginning to think all this high end stuff is a con.
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #76 of 174
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #77 of 174

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
there isn't one thing that isn't a ripoff when capitalism is running society.

Yes, a command or planned economy would produce much higher quality, diverse, continually improved, high tech, and inexpensive headphones.

ROTFLMAO!

im not saying capitalism is evil i just think it is a little unfair that they get away with charging so much. those bose and beats headphones shouldn't cost as much as they do. just saying. but the positives out way the negatives.

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #78 of 174
Well I guess you could say those companies are overcharging people but no one is stopping someone from buying better.
Really I don't even think you would need to know anything about headphones to know Bose is garbage a audio company or so they say with infomericals pretty much screams out garbage.
These have great sound and your only expecting in small letters for it to say results not typical.

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #79 of 174

Quote:
Well I guess you could say those companies are overcharging people but no one is stopping someone from buying better.
Really I don't even think you would need to know anything about headphones to know Bose is garbage a audio company or so they say with infomericals pretty much screams garbage.
This have great sound and something should flash up results not typical.

ya. i have nothing wrong with capitalism because it gives me lots of variety and i can choose what to get. where in a communist society there is no variety. you buy what the government gives you. so in other words. in soviet russia there is no headphones. in capitalist canada/america there is.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #80 of 174

Quote:
Quote:
Really I don't even think you would need to know anything about headphones to know Bose is garbage a audio company or so they say with infomericals pretty much screams garbage.

ya. i have nothing wrong with capitalism because it gives me lots of variety and i can choose what to get. where in a communist society there is no variety. you buy what the government gives you. so in other words. in soviet russia there is no headphones. in capitalist canada/america there is.

<ahem> don't Fischers come from Russia?

I take your overall point, but  . . .

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #81 of 174

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

<ahem> don't Fischers come from Russia?

I take your overall point, but  . . .

And those great Orthos from the 80's.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #83 of 174
Have you guys ever heard of overhead and research? Research and buying/designing the equipment involved is always expensive. Yea, I'm sure you can go make some headphones on your own. I doubt they are using equipment from their fathers' garage like you though.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
there isn't one thing that isn't a ripoff when capitalism is running society.

Yes, a command or planned economy would produce much higher quality, diverse, continually improved, high tech, and inexpensive headphones.

ROTFLMAO!

im not saying capitalism is evil i just think it is a little unfair that they get away with charging so much. those bose and beats headphones shouldn't cost as much as they do. just saying. but the positives out way the negatives.

Quote:
For the price they are ALL cons. cheap materials made in some factory by someone who does not get paid much. Purposefully making headphones with defects or inferior specs when better and improved headphone would cost the same. It allows them to keep on releasing headphones and making money. It’s called capitalism. 

I hear tom say “hey look this xxx has a thinner cable made of xxxxx which allows xxx to pass through and son on…..
Tom is a idiot justifying the cost of trash to himself

Have you guys heard of overhead and research? I doubt it is that cheap.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #84 of 174
Saw a thread similar to this on DIYAudio yesterday. Maybe coincidence, maybe straight up troll. Same old thing about once a year.

And everyone bites on it. Including mods.

There is no comparison between the HD650 and HD800, from many years of owning both. Also no comparison in the cost to properly amp either, so it really is a game of affording not only the phone, but the infrastructure that befits it.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #87 of 174

There is no comparison between the HD650 and HD800, from many years of owning both. Also no comparison in the cost to properly amp either, so it really is a game of affording not only the phone, but the infrastructure that befits it.

I certainly agree with the fundamental message here: the upstream equipment that will help the HD800 show off is quite different from that required to make a 600 or 650 perform well. Never was a fan of the 650, which is why I didn't buy it, but I did enjoy my 600s. Still, they are not the HD800. I have only had my HD800 s for a bit less than a year, but my HD600s found a new home within days of their arrival.  

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #89 of 174

Quote:
Keep the politics out or I'll start my own little purge of this thread.

ok im sorry. but regarding the headphones vs speakers. i agree with most people here. try higher end. if you dont sennheiser then you dont like sennheiser try something else.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #90 of 174
I can empathize with the question.  To the untrained ear, lots of things sound "pretty much the same".  

I think of it like going to some foreign land where people have a distinct ethnic/racial look to them.  To some degree, everyone has certain similar characteristics, so it may be difficult to tell siblings in the same family apart.  But the more exposure you have, the more the difference make themselves clear...and eventually you'll not mistake one person for another again.  

It takes time to familiarize yourself with a sound.  Once you do, you will be able to pick out the differences and decide if the higher-priced model has sound changes that you think are for the better.  Personally, went through every Denon can they make and listened to them every night for a month before deciding which cans were the best for me. But it took me some time to make note of and appreciate all the differences between them.  Now their differences are very obvious to me as are the differences between Denon and the Senn HD650's.  where to the untrained ear they will all sound similar, the trained ear--just like the trained eye--will point out the differences in short order.  Good luck on your next headphone purchase, TC.

I'd recommend trying out a pair of Denon D2000s.  They're on most "Best Buy" short lists for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back