Been out of the game for a while...can anyone recommend some closed back cans?
Jul 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

grmnasasin0227

100+ Head-Fier
I'm more of a fan of open-back or semi-open cans, but my friend is interested in a set of closed back on a budget of sub-$400. He usually listens to classic rock and lighter indie stuff. Needless to say since it isn't my forte, I'm coming here to ask for suggestions and recommendations. Thanks all for any input! If you need any more information, please just ask!

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I'm more of a fan of open-back or semi-open cans, but my friend is interested in a set of closed back on a budget of sub-$400. He usually listens to classic rock and lighter indie stuff. Needless to say since it isn't my forte, I'm coming here to ask for suggestions and recommendations. Thanks all for any input! If you need any more information, please just ask!

What source(s) will he be plugging the headphones into?

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Hi Purple, He'll go going straight into an iPod in public. He doesn't own any amplifiers.

I would guess the AKG K550 would be a good sounding headphone for portable use, and easy for a iPod to drive.

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd second the AKG K550, which is my work headphone (I sit in a cubicle).  I can't say for how it is unamped (though I guess I could try it), as I am listening out of a Fiio E9 + E7 DAC/amp combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back