Been Going crazy!!
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #16 of 44
from what i heard they are V curved as sounding, that mean bass, is great, mid are a bit recessed and treble is at full potential....
they are great for certain types of music, you may encounter some problems, and not a totally satisfaction if you listen to voice based music, like some rap, and in my opinion some certain types of rock, depends on your tastes...
ath m50 will work grat, but depends on your ears, the most as you like deep bass, you will like them!...
so it's 
+1 for ath m50...

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #17 of 44
the HFI-580 and M50 dont need amps, I suggest you try the two as I did and I prefured the 580 to the m50 hahaha.

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 44
so, i went to the music store today to buy the ATH-M50s and the guy said, they're not good for just music listening, and since i dont do mixes or anything like that, i only need good headphones for music listening. wat do you guys think?

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #20 of 44

Quote:
Quote:
so, i went to the music store today to buy the ATH-M50s and the guy said, they're not good for just music listening, and since i dont do mixes or anything like that, i only need good headphones for music listening. wat do you guys think?

That's bull.

Agreed. They are absolutely awesome headphones for general listening.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #21 of 44

Well what headphone did he recommend? I'm curious what his reasoning was.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 44
You see if you want to get headphones for listening rather than mastering; get the Skullcandies. They are the most premium consumer headphones. The M50's are reference quality and show far too much detail for just an average Joe like you. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #25 of 44

Quote:
i forgot wat he suggested but he said to stay away from any headphones that say monitoring, and just go with a headsphones that says Personal, it was in Long & McQuade 

Do you have a phone number or link to the store? I'll do this. I'm serious. IDGAF. It's not like I'll ever meet him. I will be courteous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back