Becoming Bored of e-Q5's, Recommend Me Something More...
Jul 5, 2011 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title says, I am becoming quite bored with the e-Q5's, even through all kinds of different amps. Does anyone know of anything that has a analytical sound signature while not being too harsh or bloomy, a slightly warm midrange, and rumbly bass? I was thinking of the EarSonics SM3 and the Sony MDREX1000. Don't recommend me the GR07's either, already have those. How is the bass effect on the Miles Davis.

All opinions are welcome, thanks!

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 10
I have played with tips and found that my Atomic Floyd ones sound spectacular. Where can I get the Hybrid's

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 10
Also they have in between sizes like ML but you have to call to order those.  They don't list them.  I just did today and they are on back order for ML 2 to 3 weeks.

The real hybrids are so much softer and more comfortable than the fakes, which are pretty stiff.

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 10
The hybrids were the best sounding for me as well. They won't change the sound signature though. I won't call the SM3 analytical, maybe the UM3X?

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 10
I have a feeling that the FXT90s is going to be very MA-like based on it's design. FWIR it seems to be a warm and sweet type of sound which isn't analytical but an all-round nevertheless.

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #8 of 10
All right, change of plan, what's the most detailed, full bodied IEM? Under $700

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #9 of 10
I was going to stick with my HP-TWF21R's, but alas, a little bit too warm for my tastes and mediocre isolation. I am heading out for San Diego next week and will be listening to music a lot. The UM3X seems like my best option.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 10
Saw some Hybrid's at Best Buy today. Will pick up some tomorrow before I leave for San Diego. Hopefully there as comfortable as the FAD Heaven A ones are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back