Beats....?
Dec 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 8
Glad I don't

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #3 of 8
I think everyone here has used headphones besides Beats. And the only people who swear by Beats haven't tried a quality competitor and usually are comparing to say, Apple earbuds.

Therefore I doubt you'll find anyone here who likes them especially at their price range. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 8
I think the main reason why I see the beats in every single store and ads here and there is because by themselves they would not become popular enought to sell well.
This is not the case with other headphones in this community. 

I might be wrong thou, i did not try the beats.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #5 of 8
is it in any way possible or conceivable that some people who have actually heard grados, and sennheisers and beyers actually love and prefer beats by dre to any of the headphones you might consider the holy grail???

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
is it in any way possible or conceivable that some people who have actually heard grados, and sennheisers and beyers actually love and prefer beats by dre to any of the headphones you might consider the holy grail???

I don't think so. They just don't have the qualities from whatever angle you look at it, except the amount of bass

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 8
which could be exactly what some people want and look for

i have plenty of friends who dump 2 grand and up on like 4 or 5 15 inch subs in their car where you cant even hear anything but the bass and they love it, beats provide something comparable in headphone form

is it possible that some people only buy beats because they're misinformed or didnt do enough research into headphones that would better suit them at lower cost? yes, probably

but its also possble that some people would hear every multihundred or thousand dollar set of cans on the market and still prefer beats, those people exist, to some, only the way the headphones look is important and thats fine to with me, its their money to spend or burn, what they listen to and on what doesnt affect my enjoyment and it shouldnt affect yours

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #8 of 8
There is a chance, but id say its rather small. I have a cousin who loves high volumes with bass ammounts that are ridiculisly distored (basic crappy car speakers tunned up to max bass), and he still likes my setups more (not THAT much bass oriented).

I do think that "getting used to" a sound signature plays an important role here, even if that signature is rolled off a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back