Beats Studio 2.0 wired vs. wireless in Sound Quality
Dec 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

h1a8

500+ Head-Fier
Do these sound the same?
If not then which sounds better and what are the differences?

Finally, what other wireless headphones are great in sound quality. I listen to hip hop, r&b, some jazz, some rock, techno

I like bass (but with clarity). I have the v-moda m100 and think they sound great. They are not wireless though and I wish they were a little more comfortable (they irritate after 1 hour of use).

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 14
I would like to direct you to the Pedulumic Stance 1+. These are one of the best sounding Entry level headphones that just so happen to be wireless.

http://www.amazon.com/PENDULUMIC-Wireless-Headphone--Audiophile-Freedom-Bluetooth/dp/B00OG7VW64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418904102&sr=8-1&keywords=Stance+S1

http://www.audio360.org/headphones_a0036_review_pendulumic_stance_s1+.php

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 14
  Do these sound the same?
If not then which sounds better and what are the differences?

Finally, what other wireless headphones are great in sound quality. I listen to hip hop, r&b, some jazz, some rock, techno

I like bass (but with clarity). I have the v-moda m100 and think they sound great. They are not wireless though and I wish they were a little more comfortable (they irritate after 1 hour of use).

Have you tried the XL pads for the M100's or loosened the headband yet?

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 14
  Have you tried the XL pads for the M100's or loosened the headband yet?

I have the xl pads yes. I attempted to loosen the headband but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I never read or saw instructions on how to do it.
The v-moda is excellent sounding. I just hate the comfort tbh.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 14

I have the xl pads yes. I attempted to loosen the headband but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I never read or saw instructions on how to do it.
The v-moda is excellent sounding. I just hate the comfort tbh.

Basically, you take the two sides of the headband, and you bend it a little past flat.  I heard and felt the springs pop a little bit.  It loosened up for me, but it was still pretty uncomfortable until I got the XL pads.  Then it became really comfortable.
Where did you experience discomfort?

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 14
  Basically, you take the two sides of the headband, and you bend it a little past flat.  I heard and felt the springs pop a little bit.  It loosened up for me, but it was still pretty uncomfortable until I got the XL pads.  Then it became really comfortable.
Where did you experience discomfort?

I'll try that. Thanks!
The clamping force is too much on my ears after a while. Ears get a little sore and need a break after awhile.  I just wish they had that type of comfort where you forget they are on your head after awhile. That would have been awesome.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 14

I'll try that. Thanks!
The clamping force is too much on my ears after a while. Ears get a little sore and need a break after awhile.  I just wish they had that type of comfort where you forget they are on your head after awhile. That would have been awesome.

Tbh, I think these might have a small markup on the price due to style.  I bought them, because they were said to be good (I'm happy with the performance), plus they just look sexy without having the douchiness of Beats (unfortunately, this exists).

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #8 of 14
  Tbh, I think these might have a small markup on the price due to style.  I bought them, because they were said to be good (I'm happy with the performance), plus they just look sexy without having the douchiness of Beats (unfortunately, this exists).

I did what you said, bend them past level, and it worked. A lot less clamping force. More easier on the ears. Thank you so much.

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #11 of 14

Said like a true ******. Edit- so someone can write "douchiness" but not douch? So if Beats are "douchy" can I say audiophile headphones are nerdy or dorky? I should be able to.

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #12 of 14
But in relation to the whole beats hate on headfi, it's really stupid. It's horses for courses. I own 3 beats headphones and they're fantastic for the genres of music I mostly listen to- ie electronics, dance, hip hop , house, techno, basically anything with an emphasis on the low end. Having said that, the high end and mids on the mixr and studio 2 are actually pretty good. Jazz and acoustic music sound great on those. So for looks and portability and sound, these cans are great. I'm not really sure how the wireless studios sound, but I've heard they're an improvement over the wired. Hope this helps.

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 14

Said like a true ******. Edit- so someone can write "douchiness" but not douch? So if Beats are "douchy" can I say audiophile headphones are nerdy or dorky? I should be able to.

Eeyup. Looking back at that, my post was cringey as Schiit.
But in relation to the whole beats hate on headfi, it's really stupid. It's horses for courses. I own 3 beats headphones and they're fantastic for the genres of music I mostly listen to- ie electronics, dance, hip hop , house, techno, basically anything with an emphasis on the low end. Having said that, the high end and mids on the mixr and studio 2 are actually pretty good. Jazz and acoustic music sound great on those. So for looks and portability and sound, these cans are great. I'm not really sure how the wireless studios sound, but I've heard they're an improvement over the wired. Hope this helps.

Well, Beats have nowhere near the sound performance as many other things at their price point. The only headphone I found to be good was the Solo 2, but it's only on ear. You may prefer the sound, but the treble of the Studio 2 is awful, and the headband feels pretty bad to me. Imo, there aren't any redeeming qualities for it. What cans have you heard to compare them to? I thought the M100s were great until I heard better stuff.

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #14 of 14
Eeyup. Looking back at that, my post was cringey as Schiit.
Well, Beats have nowhere near the sound performance as many other things at their price point. The only headphone I found to be good was the Solo 2, but it's only on ear. You may prefer the sound, but the treble of the Studio 2 is awful, and the headband feels pretty bad to me. Imo, there aren't any redeeming qualities for it. What cans have you heard to compare them to? I thought the M100s were great until I heard better stuff.

I actually thought the solo 2 was really bad. An Apple Store assistant also thought that as well. Just really bland. I think the studio 2 treble is fine. Not the most refined, but as I said it suits the genres of music I like. It certainly sounds different to most audiophile grade headphones, but I wouldn't say it was bad. There are better headphones for classical or jazz etc, but as I keep saying, for the music I mostly listen to they're pretty exciting. It's good that their form factor on the head is also nice and pretty discrete which is a consideration for me as I only use headphones outside the house.
The m-100 is pretty good but not for the mids, which is lacking. Look at my signature to see some of the other cans I've compared it to. I also have the kef m500 , amperior, m50x, and grado. My next purchase will be the Oppo pm3 which I like very much as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back