beats solo's vs shure srh750dj headphones?
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
when i picked up my shure srh750dj headphones. i was debating buying the beats solos but didnt because they have been said to snap in 2. but i know the beats sound like crap now. because after i bought the shure srh750dj headphones i joined this site and found out they were crap. but comparing it to the shure srh750dj headphones how much of a difference is there. is the shure srh750dj headphones cost less then thay should. considering the sound quality. keep in mind when i picked them up they were $129.99 and so were the beats solos. i am starting to tell my self i am glad i went for the shures. glad to hear from people on there experiences. oh and on a sidenote. why do the beats set up in best buy sound really good. do they eq it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 15
bump

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 15
I bought the beats solo about four months ago. They really sound bad, to much bass and nothing else. And are very expensive. I sold them.

Now I have the Shure 750DJ. What a difference. They sound is very powerfull: the bass is strong but so are the highs and the mids are always present. I only wish they were more comfortable.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 15

I bought the beats solo about four months ago. They really sound bad, to much bass and nothing else. And are very expensive. I sold them.

Now I have the Shure 750DJ. What a difference. They sound is very powerfull: the bass is strong but so are the highs and the mids are always present. I only wish they were more comfortable.

I second this. They sound incredible but I really wish they were more comfortable. Since you have experience with both I am highly glad I bought the shures

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
my beats snapped in half

ya i heard that happened to alot of people. but i just spoke to a friend of mine today who has the studios and he says they are a year old.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 15
Jan 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
my beats snapped in half

ya i heard that happened to alot of people. but i just spoke to a friend of mine today who has the studios and he says they are a year old.

wait for it...just wait for it, they usaully snap the day after the warranty is over

i personally think he was over exaggeratting a bit. it was hard for me to convince him my shure srh750dj headphones were better. but then again i couldnt let him listen because it was during class time.

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 15
Oddly enough, I have the Beats solo (HD) and just purchased the 750DJ's today. I'm letting the shures burn in for a while before I compare them, but so far, out of the box the 750's are pretty impressive (unamped)

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Oddly enough, I have the Beats solo (HD) and just purchased the 750DJ's today. I'm letting the shures burn in for a while before I compare them, but so far, out of the box the 750's are pretty impressive (unamped)

you really found them that impressive. i always  thought they were really good but i never thought they were worth the 150$ they cost. i find it rather surprising that monster can get away with selling a subpar headphone for 200$ that sounds really bad.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #12 of 15
yeah I tried those Solo beats headset, there is nothing crazy about them.. just a lot of bass......I guess people are buying them because of the brand and the look.. not for the actual quality of sound it provides.... I was thinking about getting the solo but the price is ridiculous to me... if they were like 80$ maybe...lol..

I have one question, I'm a little of topic tho tho... Could I put the controltalk cables in those 750djs ? because I see that the cables that comes with are screwable ones... or it doesn't have to be the controltalk from monster.. but just any other 3.5 stereo cable that are not has big has those that comes with the 750djs ????

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #15 of 15
Oh the Shures go Bruce Lee on the beats, chews them up, spits them out, and then kicks em to the trash where the beats belong.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back