Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr?
Jul 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 64
Quote:
On comfort and sound quality, mostly focused on bass out of the 2, which has more?

Hello there i can only offer my opinion on the beats Solo HD as i have heard them before. The bass is there on the solos but its not controlled not textured for the price point, rather its kinda like a rumbling, the bass kills the mids, highs are almost non existent on that headphone. Not worth you money and time at all

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 64
Yeah, I demoed the Solos at a local Staples (not ideal, but still) and iamdacow is totally right about them. If loud bass is your main concern, the Sony XB500s are the favorites around here (1/3 of the price of the Solos, too). If looks are your main concern, the V-Moda Crossfade M-80 is fairly well regarded around here too. You aren't going to find much love for Beats around here, but you will find better sounding headphones for less money.

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 64
gotta say i like the beats design better, if there was a 'b' on them i still wouldnt get them. i had the tours whch sounded good but kept breaking so im going to get the over ear. Are the solos better than the tours? also i need a comparison with the Mixr's for anyone who knows?

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 64
Just avoid beats man. Go for the m80. The mixrs are very uncomfortable for me. I cannot even last through one song at the Best Buy demo stand. The solos will most likely break, and IMO they feel really flimsy. Go for the V-moda M80.

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #7 of 64
The Mixr is better than the solo in almost every way. The solo is more comfortable than the Mixr but the sound quality sucks.
The only reason to buy the solo is if you hate music and want it as a fashion accessory.

I don't recommend beats, (they are the Justin Bieber of headphones) but between the two the Mixr is the better headphone

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:
gotta say i like the beats design better, if there was a 'b' on them i still wouldnt get them. i had the tours whch sounded good but kept breaking so im going to get the over ear. Are the solos better than the tours? also i need a comparison with the Mixr's for anyone who knows?

The entire Beats line, save for the Studios and the Pros (which aren't the best from what I've demoed), are regarded as various degrees of awful, especially for their price point. If you want ridiculous over-the-top bass, use an equalizer. Every MP3 player from 2000 on has one, as does every computer app like iTunes and Windows Media Player.

If you care about looks, which is totally understandable, the Philips CitiScape Uptown, Noontec Zoro, House of Marley Exodus, Skullcandy Aviators and Mix Master Mikes,  AKG Q701, Phiaton MS400 and the Bowers and Wilkins P3 are highly regarded for having decent to top knotch sound quality. If they don't give you enough bass, just turn it up with EQ.

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #10 of 64
Quote:
The entire Beats line, save for the Studios and the Pros (which aren't the best from what I've demoed), are regarded as various degrees of awful, especially for their price point. If you want ridiculous over-the-top bass, use an equalizer. Every MP3 player from 2000 on has one, as does every computer app like iTunes and Windows Media Player.

If you care about looks, which is totally understandable, the Philips CitiScape Uptown, Noontec Zoro, House of Marley Exodus, Skullcandy Aviators and Mix Master Mikes,  AKG Q701, Phiaton MS400 and the Bowers and Wilkins P3 are highly regarded for having decent to top knotch sound quality. If they don't give you enough bass, just turn it up with EQ.

Quote:

i only listen to hip hop anyway so beats are suitable, and the pros are way to big and the studios you need batteries and they leak sound :S. If i do make another choice it would be the in-ear Atomic Floyd Superdarts but i feel like getting some on-ears. Just need to know which has more bass out of the Mixrs or Solo HD?, and apparently the brand new Solo HD's, the ones with the new colours that have only just come out are supposed to be improved...

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 64
Beets discussion's...

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back