Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900
Feb 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #31 of 88

Quote:

That's not my point at all. I said that they sound much better when they're amped, at least when I compared them from an ipod to my regular setup. You don't need to get the best amp there is to make them sound good.

I said the 900s don't need an amp, but they sound better with one. Then you said, if that's the case, they need an amp.

The point is, that they don't. They can be driven directly from the source, unlike other headphones -- which really do need an amp and are nearly inaudible directly from the source.

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #32 of 88

Quote:
I said the 900s don't need an amp, but they sound better with one. Then you said, if that's the case, they need an amp.

The point is, that they don't. They can be driven directly from the source, unlike other headphones -- which really do need an amp and are nearly inaudible directly from the source.

Yes, and I say they do need an amp. The point is that they do sound a lot better from an amp. Thus they do need an amp IMO. They can't be driven directly from a source. They sound horrible unamped, and that's probably just my ears..

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #33 of 88

Quote:
Yes, and I say they do need an amp. The point is that they do sound a lot better from an amp. Thus they do need an amp IMO. They can't be driven directly from a source. They sound horrible unamped, and that's probably just my ears..

Sigh.

They really don't need an amp and sound good direct from source. Conversely, Beyer 880s really do need an amp, because you can't even hear them direct from source. There is a difference between needing and wanting an amp. It's misleading to say the 900s need an amp. Maybe to you, personally, but objectively, absolutely not necessary. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #34 of 88

Quote:

Sigh.

They really don't need an amp and sound good direct from source. Conversely, Beyer 880s really do need an amp, because you can't even hear them direct from source. There is a difference between needing and wanting an amp. It's misleading to say the 900s need an amp. Maybe to you, personally, but objectively, absolutely not necessary. 

*Sigh*

You're absolutely wrong. They really do need an amp and sound horrible from source. Just as Beyer 880s really do need an amp Pro 900 need one too. It's misleading to say Pro 900 don't need an amp. It's not a matter of "wanting an amp". It's simply required to make them sound good.

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #35 of 88

Quote:

*Sigh*

You're absolutely wrong. They really do need an amp and sound horrible from source. Just as Beyer 880s really do need an amp Pro 900 need one too. It's misleading to say Pro 900 don't need an amp. It's not a matter of "wanting an amp". It's simply required to make them sound good.

You're way off base. The 900s do not need an amp and sound fine direct. You can't even hear the 880s direct. The 880s flat-out require an amp to be heard, period. They are not at all the same. 

You don't need one with Beats Pros either, but they sound better with one. 

Even ear buds sound better with an amp, but you don't need an amp with ear buds. 

You will mislead people who want the 900s but can't afford more for an amp. They can enjoy the 900s without one. The same cannot be said for the 880s. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #38 of 88

Quote:

You're way off base. The 900s do not need an amp and sound fine direct. You can't even hear the 880s direct. The 880s flat-out require an amp to be heard, period. They are not at all the same. 

You don't need one with Beats Pros either, but they sound better with one. 

Even ear buds sound better with an amp, but you don't need an amp with ear buds. 

You will mislead people who want the 900s but can't afford more for an amp. They can enjoy the 900s without one. The same cannot be said for the 880s. 

How exactly am I off base? Shouldn't I trust my ears? Well, it doesn't matter what you think. I'm not saying that Pro 900 need an amp simply because they will sound a little bit better. I am saying they are horrible without an amp. I don't like Pro 900 without an amp. Period.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #39 of 88

Quote:

How exactly am I off base? Shouldn't I trust my ears? Well, it doesn't matter what you think. I don't like Pro 900 without an amp. Period.

Do you, at least, understand the difference between being able to hear the 900s without an amp and not being able to hear the 880s at all?

Leave your own ears and preferences out of it. 

Some people can listen to the 900s and enjoy them without an amp. They can enjoy them more with one. 

NO ONE can enjoy the 880s without one because they can't even be heard. 

That's why you're off base. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #40 of 88

Quote:

Do you, at least, understand the difference between being able to hear the 900s without an amp and not being able to hear the 880s at all?

Leave your own ears and preferences out of it. 

Some people can listen to the 900s and enjoy them without an amp. They can enjoy them more with one. 

NO ONE can enjoy the 880s without one because they can't even be heard. 

That's why you're off base. 

Just as your example with the 880s I believe that Pro 900 greatly benefits from an amp. But I'm not talking about volume, I'm talking about sound quality being a lot better when it's amped.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #41 of 88
You can hear the 900 at full volume without an amp, straight from an iPod. You can't hear squat from an 880 without an amp. What's so difficult to understand about that?

900 = you don't need an amp to listen to them

880 = you can't hear squat without an amp

It's not a difficult concept. it's just not. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #42 of 88

Quote:
You can hear the 900 at full volume without an amp, straight from an iPod. You can't hear squat from an 880 without an amp. What's so difficult to understand about that?

I never said anything about VOLUME. I was talking about sound quality. I wouldn't recommend something that I know sounds bad when it is unamped. Surely some MIGHT enjoy them unamped, but I just wouldn't recommend it. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #43 of 88

Quote:

+1

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #44 of 88

Quote:
I never said anything about VOLUME. I was talking about sound quality. I wouldn't recommend something that I know sounds bad when it is unamped. Surely some MIGHT enjoy them unamped, but I just wouldn't recommend it. What's so difficult to understand about that?

you should of been more specific.

either way, the pro 900 aren't as bad sounding unamped as other headphones such as the 600 ohm beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back