Beats by Dre pop when static electricity is discharged
Apr 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Anthony_Jacob

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Does anyone have a fix for this. It's loud and painful. It has forced me to not use these anymore and they're my best work phones. I have done a warranty claim with monster but the new ones they sent do it too. I'm using them with an 80gb iPod. None of my other phones pop with this iPod. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 10
It means it's time for a new pair of headphones.

With that, I welcome you to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet.

As you will soon find out, other Headfi'ers disapprove of Beats by Dre, and will recommend you other models of headphones for you to buy that will be "worth the money". That's where the beginning of the end is, and your wallet will forever be a paraplegic. Good luck!

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 10
I would just ask for a refund. Then use the money to get some cans that will blow you away.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It means it's time for a new pair of headphones.

Absolutely! I owned some cans like yours before and i was very dissapointed. They are overpriced and not very good. Get another set of cans!

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 10
They pop when my body discharges static electricity, like when I touch door handles, etc. It happens everywhere, not just work.

I really like these for work because they're closed, sound good and don't need an amp. Sure I could use my grado's but the people next to me would hear all the sound and would be annoyed. I could use my Denon d2000s but they're cumbersome and need to be amped. So it's either the beats or the triports for work, and the Beats sound significantly better.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #9 of 10
It may be the onboard amp on the beats producing the noise or you could be affecting the noise cancelling mike with the static.

Unlucky. Do they have a noise cancelling off mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back