Beats by Dre for $40,000
Apr 21, 2011 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Anaxilus

Headphoneus Supremus

IMG_2320-thumb-717x477-85147.jpg

Chrysler rolled out what could be our (my) new favorite 300, the 300 S. It's de-chromed, features a blacked-out grille, body-colored accents and mirrors, black headlight surrounds and black chrome wheels. has piano-black or carbon-fiber trim replacing wood and can be adorned with Radar Red or black leather interior. It is, for lack off a better phrase, badass, and not "I-just-ran-over-a-fence" tackylike some other 300s we could mention.

The 300 S also features a Beats by Dre audio system with 10 speakers, 552 watts and controlled via the 8.4-inch touchscreen display. Dr. Dre, if we're to believe the set-in-L.A. promo for the system, tuned the system to his liking.

Now, if only we can cram the 465-horsepower 6.4-liter Hemi into this instead of the V6 or the 363-horsepower 5.7.

^^  Lol, once again hard to take seriously.

Story here.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 8
You have to give Monster some credit for their marketing.

If only they'd put some resources towards people who don't want huge amounts of bass.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 8
Zaphod's attention however was elsewhere. His attention was riveted on the ship standing next to Hotblack Desiato's limo. His mouths hung open.

"That," he said, "that ... is really bad for the eyes ..."

Ford looked. He too stood astonished.

It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.

"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect. "You can hardly make out its  shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"

Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.

"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.

Zaphod moved forward to it, slowly, like a man possessed -- or more accurately like a man who wanted to possess. His hand reached out to  stroke it. His hand stopped. His hand reached out to stroke it again. His hand stopped again.

"Come and feel this surface," he said in a hushed voice.

Ford put his hand out to feel it. His hand stopped.

"You ... you can't ..." he said.

"See?" said Zaphod. "It's just totally frictionless.

"It's the wild color scheme that freaks me," said Zaphod whose love affair with this ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight. "Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you  know you've done it. What is this? Some kind of galactic hyperhearse?"

The walls of the swaying cabin were also black, the ceiling was black, the seats -- which were rudimentary since the only important trip this ship was designed for was supposed to be unmanned -- were black, the control panel was black, the instruments were black, the little screws that held them in place were black, the thin tufted nylon floor covering was black, and when they had lifted up a corner of it they had discovered that the foam underlay also was black.

"Perhaps whoever designed it had eyes that responded to different wavelengths," offered Trillian.

"Or didn't have much imagination," muttered Arthur.

"Perhaps," said Marvin, "he was feeling very depressed."

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
You have to give Monster some credit for their marketing.

If only they'd put some resources towards people who don't want huge amounts of bass.

x2, i have to now be sure to not even go to the dealer so that they dont try to sell me on the "best. "

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 8
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #6 of 8
Beats by Dre or not, that is a gorgeous car. So sleek and understated, unlike 99% of custom 300's I see. It can't sound THAT bad, can it? No worse than any other stock "premium" sound system I'd bet, and with all those speakers, there's got to be plenty of pre-made mounting locations for some morel tweeters or polk component systems.

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #7 of 8
I didn't like the 300 at all when I spotted one at a dutch car show yesterday (to be precise, it wasn't a 300 but a Lancia something which is a rebadged version of it). It lacks style, it's too posery for my tastes. But hey, I'm european so I'll propably never get that whole american big bling bling cult.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
But hey, I'm european so I'll propably never get that whole american big bling bling cult.

That's okay, a lot of us don't get it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back