Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion staement?
Oct 11, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
AKG makes some nice DJ phones, or you could just buy the best pair of Grados your budget will allow.

Im also interesed in Audio Technica headphones too. How are they for Dj'ing or mixing? I have seen Grados from some folks when I attened a few raves here and there. They had a ncie sound to them.

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #18 of 23
I use Audio Technica ATH-EW 9 for portable player. They make a fine line of headphones for many different applications. The ATH-PRO series should fit your use and budget. Best bet would be to find a shop where you can listen to them though. Good luck!  

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
Skullcandy = Crap. No two ways about it. They're a fashion accessory, nothing more.

Beats by Dre = Decent, but overpriced for what you get.

It's funny how the Beats are the only headphone where we do this-- stating its quality independent of price and THEN whether they're worth it. You don't see people saying this:

Koss KSC75s - Mediocre, but a fantastic value.

If Beyerdynamic released a pair of headphones tomorrow at a price point of $1000 that sounded like a $300 pair, people wouldn't be calling them "good but overpriced", they'd be calling them "overpriced garbage" or an equivalent swear word if this site wasn't run by prudes...

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
It's funny how the Beats are the only headphone where we do this-- stating its quality independent of price and THEN whether they're worth it. You don't see people saying this:

Koss KSC75s - Mediocre, but a fantastic value.

If Beyerdynamic released a pair of headphones tomorrow at a price point of $1000 that sounded like a $300 pair, people wouldn't be calling them "good but overpriced", they'd be calling them "overpriced garbage" or an equivalent swear word if this site wasn't run by prudes...

Well, I think your Beyer analogy is a little extreme but I can see where you're coming from. Personally, I don't think the Beats are too bad, but I definitely think they're overpriced for what you get when I consider that I enjoy my ATH-M50s better and they're about a third of the price of the Beats.

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #22 of 23
The skullcrashers are Complete Crap. Plastic Design. Terrible..  the Mid bass 100-500hz is  Deffinately maxed But thats all there is. and  The ONLY Thing is that their pads are godly THATS IT 

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #23 of 23
well, so what about Sennheiser, some of HD25´s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back