Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
Jul 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 436

ssrock64

Headphoneus Supremus
DSICLAIMER: I'm not just a Beats-basher. I actually own and enjoy the Solo HD (though only for under 100 dollars). I just found these funny and sad.

I found these gems on the Beats main website. It's quite obvious that the appeal here isn't to anyone who knows a thing about audio, and the population of outright lies here is simply astounding. Sure you can find exaggerations on other manufacturers' sites, but these are just outright untruths.

That's right, kids. Beats magically turn your MP3 files into CD-quality WAV.

Not only do our docks offer flat-response sound, they also offer ultra-bassy club sound and you don't even have to change any settings. But if you think it, want it, dream it, then it's real (anyone get that reference?). Oh, also, they're the only loud speakers in existence, so you kind of have to buy from us.

Remember, we were pioneers in the exercise headphone market that we entered years into the progression of.

Yep, that's right. Forget Klipsch, Etymotic, Ultimate Ears, Shure, Westone, and all those other IEM manufacturers that outclass us. In fact, forget the term IEM. It'll only lead you to research about lower-priced alternatives to us.

That's right, our products have no midbass hump and are not missing sub-bass or mids. Honestly, they're completely flat, just like in the studio.

What's EMI? Sony, never heard of them. Isn't Warner just associated with movies? Universal runs a theme park, but I'm pretty sure they're not in the music biz. If they are, they definitely use Beats and not an ATH-M50 or something. In fact, I'm almost entirely sure that Sony uses Beats in their studios. Why in the world would they use a Sony headphone?

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 436
Quote:
Thanks for the laugh xD
Just reading the crap on the box of the studios is enough for me.

I nearly got sick when I got my Solos about a year ago. The box was morbidly hilarious.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 436
Quote:
Agreed... Though they'll probably send someone to burn all the fliers. With all the money they're making off these enormous rip offs, they could afford to pay people to burn the fliers.

I left three copies of a seven-page informational packet about why Beats were not as great as they seemed in the local Best Buy right next to the testing stand once, and one of the sales people thanked me. I think I found a hidden Head-Fi'er there.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 436
I left three copies of a seven-page informational packet about why Beats were not as great as they seemed in the local Best Buy right next to the testing stand once, and one of the sales people thanked me. I think I found a hidden Head-Fi'er there.

Where can I get this informational packet?
I have no shame in distributing to passerbys.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 436
Quote:

That sounds familiar, i remember hearing this in some beats, best buy ad thingy on Youtube and they talked about compressed audio and "how bad it sounds" that's quite sad really trying to confuse people with audio bitrates and how beats will magically make your audio uncompressed. Not to mention that you certainly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 320kbps mp3 and flac with beats...

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 436
Quote:

That sounds familiar, i remember hearing this in some beats, best buy ad thingy on Youtube and they talked about compressed audio and "how bad it sounds" that's quite sad really trying to confuse people with audio bitrates and how beats will magically make your audio uncompressed. Not to mention that you certainly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 320kbps mp3 and flac with beats...

I can't tell the difference between them with HE-500 and I actually appreciate hi-fi headphones!  I CAN tell the difference between 128kbps and 320 kbps though.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #13 of 436
omg I thought you were trolling when I first saw this then I checked the site and it's all true.  The lies they're telling should be illegal. D:

grammatical errors too? D:

"Unlike other sound companies who's technical approach lacks emotion, our Beats Audio sound is handcrafted by Dr. Dre himself and some of the world's best producers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back