Beatles Deal Coming Near...
Jun 2, 2007 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

stewgriff

500+ Head-Fier
Read this article. Apple Corp. is nearing settlements on the Beatles' long-standing business problems, according to Olivia Harrison, George's widow. iTunes should carry Beatles songs by 2008...whatever.

The real news: "all the Beatles CDs have been remastered...it's been done. It's just trying now to get it out there". And this is coming from Harrison and a Reuters article, so I'm betting it's more than just rumors. Hopefully, these are good remasters.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 17
Considering what they did with "Love" I can't wait
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 17
Well, this IS interesting news...hopefully we'll see some hi-rez stuff come out of this (something like LOVE would be great news).

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 17
I thought I heard that he did to pay off a settlement.

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #9 of 17
Wow. Good news indeed. However, IMHO, the only person who can do the Beatles justice is Steve Hoffman. ANYONE ELSE will most likely screw it up. I hope Apple lets Steve release them on vinyl. Now that would be great news.

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #10 of 17
Pffff! Beatles for sale?! I don't care too much for money -- money can't buy me love.

(Say, didn't those vicious Bue-meenies used to drop hunkin' big appulls on top people? Were they OSX appulls? Did Stevie Jobs get a cut?)

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Good news indeed. However, IMHO, the only person who can do the Beatles justice is Steve Hoffman. ANYONE ELSE will most likely screw it up. I hope Apple lets Steve release them on vinyl. Now that would be great news.

But I totally agree to your sentiments in this respect: They shoulda but I don't imagine they've let Steve Hoffman participate in the remastering. More fools they, I say.

Jun 4, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, IMHO, the only person who can do the Beatles justice is Steve Hoffman. ANYONE ELSE will most likely screw it up.

I respectfully disagree. There are lots of excellent engineers out there. I'm not sure that Steve has some technical skill others do not. It's like a philosophical view to be as honest as possible with the source material (not screw it up). A lot of great engineers don't get to strut their stuff because they have supervisors who tell them how to make it sound (screw it up).
That said, I like the sound of 'Love' mastered by Steve Rooke of Abbey Road.

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #13 of 17
There are great engineers out there and I have heard many of them but NONE OF THEM get close to what Steve does. At headfest Steve played one his remasters from The Beatles. It was like John Lennon was IN THE ROOM. No other engineer can do that. We need Steve Hoffman to remaster the Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back