Battlefield 4
May 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #301 of 329
  Anyone tried out the game since the new patch?
Played yesterday evening but spent most of my time unlocking attachments to the an94 and the mare's leg. Fun weapons. Once you get past the awful iron sights of the mare, it's entertaining to run with, though not the most reliable.  I did notice that the shotgun range has increased which I approve of :D

I just wonder whether this new update might be the death knell for hardline on PC... number of players reportedly have not been healthy.

The sniper rifles have had a nerf, it's a lot harder to get a kill with them now..you will see a lot more people running around with shotguns!

May 27, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #302 of 329
Quote:

The sniper rifles have had a nerf, it's a lot harder to get a kill with them now..you will see a lot more people running around with shotguns!

I'm not sure what they've done to bolt action snipers in the recent patch.

But I've never took with sniping in BF4. Something always seemed off coming from BF3. Maybe a combination of bullet speed, deviation, character movements, netcode etc etc just made it very annoying to play. I've only enjoyed it on bolt action sniper only servers. It's a shame if they've nerfed it.

Shotguns, may be more prevalent on locker or other tdm/domination maps. I'm fine with that. They're more on an even footing now with the auto weapons. Can't say they will be any more effective on larger maps, especially with the max damage range of other weapons being buffed.

May 27, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #303 of 329
  Quote:
I'm not sure what they've done to bolt action snipers in the recent patch.

But I've never took with sniping in BF4. Something always seemed off coming from BF3. Maybe a combination of bullet speed, deviation, character movements, netcode etc etc just made it very annoying to play. I've only enjoyed it on bolt action sniper only servers. It's a shame if they've nerfed it.

Shotguns, may be more prevalent on locker or other tdm/domination maps. I'm fine with that. They're more on an even footing now with the auto weapons. Can't say they will be any more effective on larger maps, especially with the max damage range of other weapons being buffed.

I have started using the An94 and the mare's leg now, no point playing as a sniper anymore!

May 27, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #304 of 329
If anything I thought they would nerf dmr's. Nerfing bolt guns makes no sense to me but I am one of thoee ppl who are aggressive recon or bust. I stopped playing bf because the 20hz netcode makes sniping annoying esp coupled with the player movement. Lets face it you watch esl competitive bf4 wnd it tells you that.only a few rifles and assault kit are competitive. This is just not good enough.

May 27, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #305 of 329
Quote:
If anything I thought they would nerf dmr's. Nerfing bolt guns makes no sense to me but I am one of thoee ppl who are aggressive recon or bust. I stopped playing bf because the 20hz netcode makes sniping annoying esp coupled with the player movement. Lets face it you watch esl competitive bf4 wnd it tells you that.only a few rifles and assault kit are competitive. This is just not good enough.

Think the dmrs are fine as they are. They were buffed a while ago and are still useless. But yeah, nerfing bolt actions is nonsensical.
To be fair on the other weapons, I see quite a variety in the casual sessions I've had. Assault class still the best though.

I stopped playing for a while too, sold my 780ti, back on the old 7870. BF4 was a major reason for that.

These days I mainly stick to short casual games like domination/tdm to let off steam from work and study - I quite enjoy pistol only servers. You can knife or defib for the laughs.

May 29, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #306 of 329
Quote:
Think the dmrs are fine as they are. They were buffed a while ago and are still useless. But yeah, nerfing bolt actions is nonsensical.

To be fair on the other weapons, I see quite a variety in the casual sessions I've had. Assault class still the best though.

I stopped playing for a while too, sold my 780ti, back on the old 7870. BF4 was a major reason for that.

These days I mainly stick to short casual games like domination/tdm to let off steam from work and study - I quite enjoy pistol only servers. You can knife or defib for the laughs.

Good point, I don't really like DMRs so possibly a bit biased, haven't tried using, at least when i used to play. Sniping at 20 Hz is painful anyway.

I tended to take the game too seriously, then get unhappy when clan kiddies turn up and also try hard but use map knowledge/tactics and the bestest classes and guns. A bit of a double standard really. Yes a lot of guns can work ok unless you are fighting against a whole clan which decides to jump on the server as used to happen hehe :)

I used to really enjoy gungame cq in BF3, it pretty much ruled out try hardy kits and competitive tactics and just left kinda fun arcade style game. Shame there is nothing like this in bf4.

May 29, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #307 of 329
Good point, I don't really like DMRs so possibly a bit biased, haven't tried using, at least when i used to play. Sniping at 20 Hz is painful anyway.

I tended to take the game too seriously, then get unhappy when clan kiddies turn up and also try hard but use map knowledge/tactics and the bestest classes and guns. A bit of a double standard really. Yes a lot of guns can work ok unless you are fighting against a whole clan which decides to jump on the server as used to happen hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

I used to really enjoy gungame cq in BF3, it pretty much ruled out try hardy kits and competitive tactics and just left kinda fun arcade style game. Shame there is nothing like this in bf4.

Of course just because they have clan tags does not mean they'll be any good, but still gets annoying being steamrolled.

Actually, gun master is back in BF4 since the most recent patch. Never played much of it in BF3. Joined a game late, so went trolling with the knife... that's the extent of my experience.  I used to take playing seriously too, not anymore, don't have the time or the patience anymore 
redface.gif

I take it you still don't game anymore?

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #308 of 329
Of course just because they have clan tags does not mean they'll be any good, but still gets annoying being steamrolled.

Actually, gun master is back in BF4 since the most recent patch. Never played much of it in BF3. Joined a game late, so went trolling with the knife... that's the extent of my experience.  I used to take playing seriously too, not anymore, don't have the time or the patience anymore :xf_eek:

I take it you still don't game anymore?

I was gaming a few month ago but my graphics card made made magic smoke after I failed to securely fix vrm heatsinks. For the record thermal double sided tape is not adequate, and it is better to use one larger sink than to sink vrm mod,es individually.

I put my old gtx680 back in but that card is getting unreliable now. It led a hard life lol. Aso not gaming for now until I buy a new graphics card, and I preordered a Yggdrasil DAC so no money for computer.

Good to know they put gun game back. I reckon though chances are I would still rather play BF3 cos of the maps.

Thats true about clan tags, clanners do pick up a lot of skills casual pub gamers don't though like where to hold angles and how to trade kill (or bait as i call it LOL) and set up crossfires. Doesn't really appeal to me, I prefer more brainless mode of play as seen in COD lol. Works better for letting off steam.

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #309 of 329
So Battlefield confirmed for late 2016, huh? Please let it be a 1943 remake (1944?) or 2143. I doubt I would be all that excited for another modern BF.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #310 of 329
I was looking at old gameplay of vietnam, really miss that game ;D

I wish they included some more fun destructable prop stuff in game, like newspaper,cans, glass, icecream booth. It always look like the levels are deserted. Would be cool if they were even more dynamic. The elevator is a cool thing. 

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #311 of 329
Not a fan of a futuristic setting. I probably wouldn't mind a modern BF, and a second world war setting would be very interesting too.

I only got Bad Company and Vietnam in the latter stages of BF3. Still had great fun playing it. I actually enjoyed the single player campaign - the characters actually had personality! Oh and damn were the Vietnam maps gorgeous.

More importantly I hope the snappy movements from BF3 make a return.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #312 of 329
really enjoyed bf4 maybe a WWI setting or a bad company 3..

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #313 of 329
Thing is, the last three installments have all been modern (BF3, BF4, BF:H). The last five, really, with Bad Company 1 and 2. Yeah, 1943 was soemwhere in between, but it wasnt a complete game (though I still played the crap out of it). That's why I would prefer either sci-fi (2143) or Historic (1943/1944). But yeah, the latter would make more sense because of Battlefront already having that futuristic feel.

Diversity and different themes will save the series from becoming stale, which is what has been happening as of late (at least to me).

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #314 of 329
Would love to see another 'nam game. Never played BF Vietnam but the somewhere-deep-in-the-jungle theme seems a pretty cool adventure to me. Just read that DICE is getting three years for development compared to two years between BF3 and BF4 so let's hope they make the most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back