Battle of the Titans? Which one to get
Aug 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SeanOBan

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Thanks for having such a forum where people like me can get some feedback from the more experienced Gurus. I'm an university student and I tend to know a lot about cars but hardly anything it seems about headphones. I have used the basic skull candy/ bose/ sony headphones but didnt really find them impressive.

Now that I have managed to save some money (about $100-$120), I want to get a good pair of headphones, which will last me a couple of years and make me not wanna buy another pair for sometime, I would be using them with ipods and laptop computers

After some research it seems the buzz was about Shure SRH840 ( kind of out of my budget), Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Denon AH-D1001, AKG 181 DJ , Audio Technica Prov5 and some more.

This lead to some serious confusion, as now I have no idea which one to get. I mainly listen to rap/hip hop and I like bass, but not to the extent of Beats by Dre. which seriously didnt leave a good impression on me.

For now I'm leaning towards the M50s as they seem to have struck "awe" among some listeners and I would really like to experience such a feeling from my next headsets.

Thanks for all your feedback, really appreciate it a lot.

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Those are all decent choices.  If durability is concern (since you said you'd like to keep them for while) the ATs or Shures are good choices.  You may also want to check out the Shure 750 DJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back