Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560
Jun 8, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 88
I think this review came out a little prematurely...  One of your headphones isn't the final model, rather it's a model that will be extremely rare and unavailable anywhere :p 

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #17 of 88
The best I can do is write the differences between the preorder and production 560 and allow the readers to interpolate the differences against the other headphones themselves.  The production 560 uses the same driver so the sound shouldn't change too drastically... hopefully.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #18 of 88
  The best I can do is write the differences between the preorder and production 560 and allow the readers to interpolate the differences against the other headphones themselves.  The production 560 uses the same driver so the sound shouldn't change too drastically... hopefully.

New housings change sound more often than not... 

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #19 of 88

New housings change sound more often than not... 

Most definitely, and certainly more then cables do, one of the most popular tinkering around here.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #21 of 88
Great review. I love reviews like this where the conclusion names a REAL winner. Reviews where the person refuses to state which headphone he/she thinks is the best are so annoying. :)

I can't wait until the HE-560s ship. I am definitely making it my next headphone purchase. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #22 of 88
  A quick update on the LCD-X.  I'm sending it off today to get RMA'd, so we'll see if Audeze will make any changes and if they're for the better or not.

Btw RAVEN how do you compare the LCD X to the LCD 2 Fazor? I'm listening to a loaner LCD 2F now 

and feeding them high Gain on my NFB 10ES2 they sound pretty dope actually, I was using low gain,

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #23 of 88
I haven't heard an LCD-2 fazor.  I have heard the most recent LCD2 prior to the fazor'd one, and the bass wasn't as strong as the previous according to other head-fiers, it also wasn't too strong to me either, and the upper midrange-lower treble was very present.  In short it was a pretty neutral headphone asides a little recession in upper treble.

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #24 of 88
Thanks, TMRaven, for a heads up on an issue not previously raised in other Threads concerning the Oppo® PM-1.  I'm currently on the hunt for a new headphone for an Asus® CM1630-06 with EAH6850 DirectCU® video and XONAR® audio (plus a 750 Antec® power supply to feed the above), and it appears that Oppo Digital flied to center with the PM-1 - efforts to achieve critical damping had the side effect of fouling the internal acoustics with respect to certain music.  I will give the PM-2 tighter scrutiny, along with the medium-impedance models from Sennheiser®, provided that I can make the 19 July 2014 meet at the Doubletree Airport, San Francisco, CA, USA.
happy_face1.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #28 of 88
Tomorrow!  I'll listen to it to see if it's gotten better, but my opinions will likely be skewed because I've been using the he-400 for the past week.  I wasn't coming off of the he-560 like I was before.  

That's why I'll be waiting until I get my 560 back to edit the original post.

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #30 of 88
Certainly would like to see how you feel about the 400i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back