Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #2,491 of 5,854
Quote:
He was only asking about the T1 I think 
rolleyes.gif

But sure HifiMAN woud make a nice complement, but not as much as the T1 would IMO. after all both HIfiMAN and Audeze are planars whereas the T1 are dynamics.
And planars bear certain resemblances :)

That's true, too. But I think I can also research other headphones, for example HE400, that was suggested with regard to the kinds of music that I am not fully satisfied with, with my LCD-2.2, which is spacious electronic music and spacious soundtracks like "The Dark Knight" or "Tron". 

What I need to compliment my LCD-2 is a headphone that will do great with the above music by having more energetic, speedy and spacious sound.

I wonder if HE400 can surplus T1 in any of these areas? What are the other headphones that are able to do it?

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #2,492 of 5,854
Quote:
That's true, too. But I think I can also research other headphones, for example HE400, that I was suggested with regard to the kinds of music I am not fully satisfied with, with my LCD-2.2, meaning spacious electronic music and spacious soundtracks like "The Dark Knight" or "Tron".
I wonder in what areas HE400 can surplus T1? Maybe it's only price that will be better:)

In soundstage width/depth (not neccessarily spaciousness) T1 beats all the HifiMAN headphones.
As far as sound goes, well I cant speak for the other models (HE-400,500,5LE,etc) but they seem to be really good price/performance wise.
I have the HE-6. I love it. I took it over the T1 because I wanted to hear the ortho sound and well because it is really excelent with all sorts of music. It requires decent amping though (in no way neccessarily more expensive than your average HP setup). Its about the watts with these and current :D They need it to sound their best (personal experience :))
They portray the music with neutralness. They have very special highs/treble which is very airy. They sound clean, real and are exciting to listen to. Music is visceral. The instruments are airy and spacious. Each has its place on the stage, no recession. Works really good for gaming as well.
T1 is slightl more analytical IMO (more akin to the HD800)
In fact the T1 is a lot like HD800 jut a smidge less analytical.

Where, however, both the T1 and HD800, (perhaps even LCD) lead is build quality.
The HifiMAN look good but they are unreliable. My pair lasted for 1 month before the right driver passed away... now its gone for repairs and I am left waiting once more :)
Also, as I said before, the T1 should be a better complement to the LCDs. Yes Hifiman are different sounding, each HP has its own unique house sound but as many said, not that different. Still the "ortho goodness" as some say 
gs1000.gif

Cheers! Luke

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #2,493 of 5,854
That's true, too. But I think I can also research other headphones, for example HE400, that I was suggested with regard to the kinds of music I am not fully satisfied with, with my LCD-2.2, meaning spacious electronic music and spacious soundtracks like "The Dark Knight" or "Tron". 

What I need to compliment my LCD-2 is a headphone that will do great with the above kinds of music by having more energetic, speedy and spacious sound.
I wonder if HE400 can surplus T1 in any of these areas?

The he400 is especially good in Hardrock, metallica and electronic..where u need lots of energy..but as isaid..check the he400 thread..all ur answers will be answered there.. :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #2,494 of 5,854
Quote:

In soundstage width/depth (not neccessarily spaciousness) T1 beats all the HifiMAN headphones.
As far as sound goes, well I cant speak for the other models (HE-400,500,5LE,etc) but they seem to be really good price/performance wise.
I have the HE-6. I love it. I took it over the T1 because I wanted to hear the ortho sound and well because it is really excelent with all sorts of music. It requires decent amping though (in no way neccessarily more expensive than your average HP setup). Its about the watts with these and current :D They need it to sound their best (personal experience :))
They portray the music with neutralness. They have very special highs/treble which is very airy. They sound clean, real and are exciting to listen to. Music is visceral. The instruments are airy and spacious. Each has its place on the stage, no recession. Works really good for gaming as well.
T1 is slightl more analytical IMO (more akin to the HD800)
In fact the T1 is a lot like HD800 jut a smidge less analytical.

Where, however, both the T1 and HD800, (perhaps even LCD) lead is build quality.
The HifiMAN look good but they are unreliable. My pair lasted for 1 month before the right driver passed away... now its gone for repairs and I am left waiting once more :)
Also, as I said before, the T1 should be a better complement to the LCDs. Yes Hifiman are different sounding, each HP has its own unique house sound but as many said, not that different. Still the "ortho goodness" as some say 
gs1000.gif

Cheers! Luke

HE-6 sounds really good in terms of the sound I am looking for. I am just not prepared at the moment to build a new system for them. I would ideally like a headphone that will cooperate with my Lyr pretty well.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #2,495 of 5,854
Quote:
The he400 is especially good in Hardrock, metallica and electronic..where u need lots of energy..but as isaid..check the he400 thread..all ur answers will be answered there..
biggrin.gif

OK, will do:) Lots of energy and speed is as important to me as spaciousness. I would like a headphone that combines both of these features.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,496 of 5,854
Quote:
OK, will do:) Lots of energy and speed is as important to me as spaciousness. I would like a headphone that combines both of these features.

With the Lyr, both the HE-400 and HE-500 are great!
HE-500 is more neutral than the HE-400 though

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #2,497 of 5,854
Quote:
With the Lyr, both the HE-400 and HE-500 are great!
HE-500 is more neutral than the HE-400 though

Will HE-400 or HE-500 provide me with the sound I am looking for in greater degree than T1? (i'll repeat - more energetic, speedy and spacious sound that will make listening to spacious electronic music and soundtracks like "The Dark Knight" or "Tron" more satisfying than my current LCD-2.2)

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #2,498 of 5,854
Quote:
Will HE-400 or HE-500 provide me with the sound I am looking for in greater degree than T1? (i'll repeat - more energetic, speedy and spacious sound that will make listening to spacious electronic music and soundtracks like "The Dark Knight" or "Tron" more satisfying than my current LCD-2.2)

HE400/HE4/HE5LE will provide that. HE500 is too warm and neutral to give the spacious speedy energetic sound you are looking for.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,499 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:

HE400/HE4/HE5LE will provide that. HE500 is too warm and neutral to give the spacious speedy energetic sound you are looking for.

My experience with the 5LE could not be characterized as "speedy energetic" but after LCD-2.2 I guess anything is possible.  Don't know the others.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,500 of 5,854

I agree also..the he400 is much more energetic and more in ur face then the more balanced he500..thats also the reason why i sold my pair of he400 after 4 months..it was to much in ur face kind of signature..the he500 ismuch more balanced and to my ears more musical.. :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #2,501 of 5,854
Nice re-wording. :tongue_smile:
I don't really like the dark signature of the LCD-2's but evidently a lot, a LOT of people like it. Smooth definitely describes how the LCD-2's sound.

If you love treble get the HE-500, if you love bass get the LCD2(r1/r2), two of them have a great mids, very liquid, excellent transparentcies, and not to mention they have the ortho transient

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,502 of 5,854
If you love treble get the HE-500, if you love bass get the LCD2(r1/r2), two of them have a great mids, very liquid, excellent transparentcies, and not to mention they have the ortho transient

The he500 for sure dont have strong treble..i choose these over my now sold he400 because they were actually so balanced..but then again..i use a litz copper cable and not the standard silver one.
For treble..get the he400. :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #2,503 of 5,854
Jan 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #2,504 of 5,854
Quote:
The he500 for sure dont have strong treble..i choose these over my now sold he400 because they were actually so balanced..but then again..i use a litz copper cable and not the standard silver one.
For treble..get the he400.
biggrin.gif

I was referring to the differences between HE-500 and LCD2
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2,505 of 5,854
I'm not sure why anyone would get the HE400s instead of the HE500s unless the somewhat lower price was the overriding issue and you were really strapped for cash, and I say that not even having heard the HE400s, so I may deserved to be flamed here, but just reading here shows how many folks love the 500s to death (me among them), vs. the limited reports for the 400s.
I think the 500s are seriously underpriced and are relatively close in price to the 400s.
Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back