BATMAN; why make another
Aug 13, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #31 of 40
I have high hopes because I feel that Christopher Nolan is a great director, based on my opinions of Memento and Insomnia.

Oh yeah, has anyone seen the teaser trailer? Very intriguing.

Aug 13, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #32 of 40
HiWire,

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire
Drew Barrymore and Debi Mazar were Two-Face's girlfriends, Sugar and Spice.
evil_smiley.gif

Hehe, two girlfriends, one for each face. He should need two genitals as well.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Two Face was the worst of all Batman villains. I didn't even remember his girlfriends.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeplin
I'm looking forward to it! Has anyone seen Bale in another movie called "Equalibrium?" If he can pull of the kick ass hero-type character he played in Equalibrium during BATMAN, he'll be more than pretty good! I'm also looking forward to seeing how the director would do on a comic film? I feel he'll again be more than pretty good or above average at least...............Hopefully?!

Yeah, I didn't like the movie much, (it has student film written all over it) but I put my hand up to the screen, covering the top part of Christian Bale's face, thinking to myself,"Yeah! He'll make a great Batman!"
biggrin.gif

The new BatMobile is pretty Badass, ala Dark Knight.

Not a chance this movie will have an R rating, but the darker the better.
-Ed

Aug 13, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #35 of 40
I can't believe the name Michael Keaton hasn't been mentioned yet. When first announced he was to play Batman in the movie version, I was more than
blink.gif
. But he pulled off, IMHO, the best ever Batman portrayal. His performance, along with great direction from Burton, made Batman into a series worth looking forward to.

Aug 13, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #36 of 40
I agree that Keaton really surprised me with his solid performance as Bruce Wayne, but Christian Bale I reckon will do nicely too. The first Batman is the only worth mentioning IMO, the others vary from fairly bad to utterly awful. Clooney had a full repertoire of one expression during the entire film for all feelings he was experiencing: smirk and nod.. hey wait, that's what he does in every movie
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
How many of you have seen the original Batman serials from the 40's?

The 1st one in 1943 then another one in 1949.

I have...I think or was it just stills?
Anyways, I have a hardcover with reprints of the original comics starting with
Detective Comics No. 27 May, 1939. Back then he packed a pistol, actually killed bad guys, and flew a bat winged airplane with helicopter blades on top.

Some people like artist Frank Miller have a correct vision of who Batman is, I hope they were consulted for this film.
I'm always hopefully but usually disappointed.

Aug 14, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #39 of 40
HiWire,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
Drew Barrymore? I don't remember that. What role did she play? I remember Alicia Silverstone was in it.

I think I was wrong when I wrote that. Batgirl and Two Face were not in the same movie were they? Gosh, it's been a while since I saw those Batman movies. BTW, I just saw "Catwoman" and ,you know what, It's not a bad movie. Not the best superhero movie by any stretch of the imagination, but not bad either. It doesn't deserve all the bad publicity.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Aug 14, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by grinch

schumacher should be castrated to discontinue the possibility of his "talent" spreading to future generations.

Jerry Bruckheimer must be castrated first. This man destroys everything he touches.

*well maybe not CSI and Pirates of the Carribean...but otherwise...yuck!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back