Bassheads Rejoice Again! Sony Updates Extra Bass Headphones
Oct 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #136 of 179
Quote:
Gave the XB600 & XB800 some ear time last night after over 24 hrs of break-in.  The XB800 is definitely the better buy in terms of sound.  It is a lot more open with smoother midrange.  Bass is boomier.  I feel the bass on the XB800 could be a bit more controlled.  Is the XB600 bad?  No, but the price increase from the Xb500 makes it harder to recommend.  

The vocals on this tracks sounds great on the XB800.  No, this girl in the video is NOT Sia.  I listened to the CD, not the YT video.

Wanna give a comparison of the 800 vs the COP please?

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #137 of 179
Am I imagining things or are these new XB's all ON EAR?  If so, no way I would want them.................

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #141 of 179

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #145 of 179
Quote:
I only have 3 posts, still trying to guage the interest in > $50 headphones.

But if you would like I woukd be happy too in a day or two after some play time, pics and all.

Sure, why not, do let us know what you think of the XB200 in comparison with the XB300.

I'm about to get an XB200 myself, and I'll be interested to know how it fares against the XB300. :)

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #146 of 179
I don't know about the other models, but I got to try an X-Factor model at a local Sony Store and BOY are those comfortable. They're supra-aural in the sense that they're like the B&W P5 headphone, but much softer in comparison. I actually like their fit and comfort over the old XB series, which they were still selling and had a demo station nearby.

Sound-wise they were just OK to my ears. The mids were a bit hollow-sounding from my quick listen.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #147 of 179
Went to pc-richard today with my cuz's to play around in the kitchen section and build make believe houses (yes immature I know lol) and tried the X-factor sonys...... DO NOT BUY!!!!!.  Maybe it was just me but they sounded just OK to my ears I wouldn't just the price they are asking for them, not by a long shot, side note:  They had the house of Marleys next to them which had... MORE BASS THAN THE SONYS, but every other spectrum of sound was horrible on the Marleys though lol.  Went to best buy about an hour later to get a cable to use Daps in the car and happened to try Beats for the first time.  And... I honestly don't get all the hate, they sounded waaaaaay better than the sonys (well the pros and studios anyway, solo's almost made me puke lol).

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #148 of 179
Forgot to add, Went to garden state plaza after best buy and they built a store just so you could try out the sony headphones (store was awesome it's all dark with club type lights, a DJ and awesome speakers)  and they had this SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK sony speaker system they were showing off too.  Now the speakers are some of the best I have ever heard.  The girl I was talking to there said everyone asks for the speakers and disregards the headphones lol.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #149 of 179
The XB600 is quite a huge bass monster. I stacked them up against the XB200 and XB400, and it's better than the other 2 in sound, comfort and the BASS. It really shakes your ears, and I have yet to amp them via a ZO or E11. I only used my Cowon Z2 amped with an iBasso D6. Boy, they did give me the awesome head massage that all bass monsters do. Awesome! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back