Basshead/Bassy IEM?
Jul 13, 2022 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dizm0

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to expand my IEM collection a bit, and I was wondering if I've missed any gems?
I mostly listen to rock, metal, EDM (think MrSuicideSheep stuff), and love bass.

Also, where do you guys find out about new IEM releases?

Current:
  • Fiio FHE:Eclipse
  • Ikko OH10
  • Venture Electronics BIE
  • KZ CRN
  • BLON BL03
So far the Eclipse is my favourite pair...followed very closely by the OH10.

Future buys:
  • Campfire Audio Honeydew
  • Moondrop Variations
  • Empire Ears Legend X
  • ISN Audio H40
The Honeydew is a pretty polarizing IEM it seems. Some people love it, a lot of people hate it, but it seems like it fits right in with what I enjoy. The Legend X is sort of an end game IEM I think, not coming any time soon (though it'd be a lot sooner if I stopped buying DAPs...).

I was also considering the Focus EDM, but it seems hard to find.

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 10
Sony flagship IER-Z1R are supposed to have incredible bass, but don't ask me -- I'll never be able to afford them.

At the extreme other end of the $ spectrum, I just got these from Amazon, originally $180 and now -- What?? -- $9.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Dynamic-ME05BR-Performance-Precision/dp/B015YA8IC2

The cable is non-detachable and not great but if you want that bottom, they have it.

Unfortunately the Amazon supplier has changed since I grabbed mine and "Refurb Supply Store" is not a name to inspire confidence, especially if you read their reviews. But if you want to take a chance, Amazon does say there are free returns.

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 10
The original TRI i3.

Jul 14, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 10
Jul 15, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 10
Sony flagship IER-Z1R are supposed to have incredible bass, but don't ask me -- I'll never be able to afford them.

At the extreme other end of the $ spectrum, I just got these from Amazon, originally $180 and now -- What?? -- $9.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Dynamic-ME05BR-Performance-Precision/dp/B015YA8IC2

The cable is non-detachable and not great but if you want that bottom, they have it.

Unfortunately the Amazon supplier has changed since I grabbed mine and "Refurb Supply Store" is not a name to inspire confidence, especially if you read their reviews. But if you want to take a chance, Amazon does say there are free returns.
Another seller The corner stone is selling a pair for $10. How are these? I picked one up as well because its $10

Jul 18, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 10

Haha, yeah I've heard the same thing, but that one is...a little out there. I think the most I'd ever spend is $1,500, anything over that and I'd just want to leave it at home, where I'd rather be listening to speakers anyway.

I checked those out, I was going to get them but I noticed the mic only works with Apple? Have you tried it with anything else?
The original TRI i3.
How is the pro compared to the original? Couldn't find the original for purchase anywhere.
It doesn't necessarily have to be local, or in the same country; all of the IEMs I've bought so far have been from the US or China.

Jul 18, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 10
I'm looking to expand my IEM collection a bit, and I was wondering if I've missed any gems?
I mostly listen to rock, metal, EDM (think MrSuicideSheep stuff), and love bass.

Also, where do you guys find out about new IEM releases?

Current:
  • Fiio FHE:Eclipse
  • Ikko OH10
  • Venture Electronics BIE
  • KZ CRN
  • BLON BL03
So far the Eclipse is my favourite pair...followed very closely by the OH10.

Future buys:
  • Campfire Audio Honeydew
  • Moondrop Variations
  • Empire Ears Legend X
  • ISN Audio H40
The Honeydew is a pretty polarizing IEM it seems. Some people love it, a lot of people hate it, but it seems like it fits right in with what I enjoy. The Legend X is sort of an end game IEM I think, not coming any time soon (though it'd be a lot sooner if I stopped buying DAPs...).

I was also considering the Focus EDM, but it seems hard to find.
You should try the Timeless with Hipdac. Amazing bass!

Jul 18, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 10
How is the pro compared to the original? Couldn't find the original for purchase anywhere.
They are similar, and while the TRI i3 Pro is fairly close to the i3 in terms of sound characteristics, it's not fully there.

In terms of the differences, I covered them in my TRI i3 Pro review

Update: @Dizm0 I think I found a website that has them (the pictures feature the Pro version, so make 100% with the seller which version they are selling):
https://www.you-buy.ca/en/product/9...ns-hifi-headset-earphones-headphones-wired-gr

Apparently you can also order from Amazon for less $ (but they feature TRI i3 Pro pics again... so make sure to ask):
https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Musician-Earphone-Magnetic-Headphone/dp/B0813145L4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2HWKMB9RQEAVB&keywords=tri+i3+hifi&qid=1658146201&sprefix=tri+i3+hifi,aps,189&sr=8-2

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Campfire Audio Vega don’t know about the 2020 version but the original did bring the bass pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back