bass practice headphones
Aug 5, 2011 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

elk0019

Head-Fier
hi all

i'm a big fan of bass guitar and since i get home late in the night from work unfortunately i can't plug in and rock away as i would like to because of common sense so i'm looking for a pair of headphones that will accurately reproduce the tone of my bass

any suggestion would be highly appreciated thank you

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 8
Aug 5, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Before i recommend some cans i like to ask these questions and it willbe easier to recommend after like how much is your budget, preffer closed/open headphones and the source like PC soundcard, AMPs or else?.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 8
I am a sucker for bass too, once I considered this http://www.equationaudio.com/headphones/rp-22x/ because its said to be designed for bass players.

I dont own a bass at the moment but I've tried a friends with my HD25 and its OK, strangely, the ATH M50 did better, more comfortable too. i dont like the M50, but for bass it was very good. i dislike it because of the piercing highs and boomy bass, somehow it seems to be OK for bass player and doesnt sound boomy at all. 

Denon HP700 works fine too, it has less bas sin quantity but feels less bloated then the M50 and it has more sub bass.

anyway, Ive never ever heard a headphone more detailed and clear in the bass section as the DT1350, but I am still getting used to it.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 8
Studio and DJ types of headphones will be good.  I use my Pioneer HDJ-1000 for silent practice with my guitar, baritone guitar, and 5-string bass.

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djviciouscycle

Studio and DJ types of headphones will be good.  I use my Pioneer HDJ-1000 for silent practice with my guitar, baritone guitar, and 5-string bass.

that's what i thought at first so i'm also taking AKG in consideration

Quote:
Before i recommend some cans i like to ask these questions and it willbe easier to recommend after like how much is your budget, preffer closed/open headphones and the source like PC soundcard, AMPs or else?.

i'm thinking closed cans would be better for the job and the source is going to be through my bass amp, which unfortunately i haven't decided upon yet, still have to choose between solid state and all tube but definitely it won't be a pc sound card source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back