Basic questions about paypal
Jan 13, 2010 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

odigg

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I've recently sold a pair of headphones and I've got some questions I hope somebody can answer. I haven't received a paypal payment in ages (5+ years!) and it seems stuff has changed from when I last used it.

The person I am selling to has just paid for the headphones. According to Paypal the payment status is completed. I haven't transferred the amount into my bank account just yet.

This may sound like a stupid question, but does this mean I've got the money and it's okay to ship the headphones? The last time I sold something via paypal it typically took a few days before paypal confirmed the payment. Is there something else I should be waiting for or is everything good to go?

Thanks!

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I've recently sold a pair of headphones and I've got some questions I hope somebody can answer. I haven't received a paypal payment in ages (5+ years!) and it seems stuff has changed from when I last used it.

The person I am selling to has just paid for the headphones. According to Paypal the payment status is completed. I haven't transferred the amount into my bank account just yet.

This may sound like a stupid question, but does this mean I've got the money and it's okay to ship the headphones? The last time I sold something via paypal it typically took a few days before paypal confirmed the payment. Is there something else I should be waiting for or is everything good to go?

Thanks!

Yes, you can ship. If the amount this person sent is in your total Paypal balance, then it is your money. I typically leave the money in my paypal account just long enough to generate a shipping label and pay for it using my paypal balance and then immediately transfer the remaining to my bank account.

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you can ship. If the amount this person sent is in your total Paypal balance, then it is your money. I typically leave the money in my paypal account just long enough to generate a shipping label and pay for it using my paypal balance and then immediately transfer the remaining to my bank account.

Thanks! I'll get these shipped out then.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 6
sounds like they used an instant transfer, as opposed to a longer method such as an e-check.

everything seems to be legit
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 6
As long as there is a balance shown in your Paypal account, then yes payment has been completed. Otherewise there is a 3 to 5 business day wait for the transfer to be completed unless payment was made with a credit card.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as there is a balance shown in your Paypal account, then yes payment has been completed. Otherewise there is a 3 to 5 business day wait for the transfer to be completed unless payment was made with a credit card.

A ha! So that was what I was remembering. I think back when paypal started they only did bank transfers, not credit cards. So it used to take a few days for payment to go through.

Thanks everybody, the headphones are going out today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back