Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #601 of 2,875
Hey guys, just got my V-Moda audio only cable which I'm testing and I do tend to agree that it improves the H6 a tad.  The volume comes up just a tad (say around 0.5db) and I am finding the sound is a bit more detailed and extended in the treble region.

This could be placebo though and it's certainly not a night and day difference.  I personally wouldn't say it's worth the upgrade, but maybe I was just lucky with the stock cable :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #602 of 2,875
I never underestimate the power of placebo.  I replaced my stock cable with the Furutech cable because I was `sure` the in-line volume and track controls were detrimental to the sound . . . .   

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #603 of 2,875
  I never underestimate the power of placebo.  I replaced my stock cable with the Furutech cable because I was `sure` the in-line volume and track controls were detrimental to the sound . . . .   

The only time I have heard a difference in a cable is my Shure SRH-840 straight cable which is heavily shifted to one channel.  I think that is actually faulty though, so not quite the same deal :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #604 of 2,875
I switched to same cable and also think it's better sounding. Definitely louder. Of course, I did so after reading on here that it would make a difference. Talk about placebo :wink:

That said, the difference isn't nearly as great as running the cans through a dac/amp. More expensive placebo, but bigger placebo effect...

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #605 of 2,875
I switched to same cable and also think it's better sounding. Definitely louder. Of course, I did so after reading on here that it would make a difference. Talk about placebo :wink:

That said, the difference isn't nearly as great as running the cans through a dac/amp. More expensive placebo, but bigger placebo effect...

lol agreed :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #606 of 2,875

Dammit..And here I was thinking I can make do with my new V-Moda Cable. Lets hope the birthday fairy gets me a new dac/amp in the next month or 2. 

Speaking of which...to all the H6 people out here..suggestions for a portable DAC/Amp combo? Under $200? I know @nk126 mentioned the FiiO Q1 which I might try out, but I welcome any and all suggestions!

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #607 of 2,875
Of course you won't hear a major difference in cables if you're not using a decent source/dac, rubbish in = rubbish out .

Using something like the Chord Mojo reveals differences between cables far more.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #608 of 2,875
  Of course you won't hear a major difference in cables if you're not using a decent source/dac, rubbish in = rubbish out .

Using something like the Chord Mojo reveals differences between cables far more.

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion

After endless A/Bing through a Chord Mojo, I can conclude that imho there is absolutely no audible difference between cables.  They sound 100% identical and are also the exact same volume.

Please save your money and put it elsewhere :)

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #609 of 2,875

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion

After endless A/Bing through a Chord Mojo, I can conclude that imho there is absolutely no audible difference between cables.  They sound 100% identical and are also the exact same volume.

Please save your money and put it elsewhere :)

The H6 stock cable with inline remote does not produce the same volume as a third party cable, a number of people have reported the same.

You even posted yourself that the V Moda cable lifted the volume. Make your mind up lol

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #612 of 2,875
Personally I prefer the V-Moda cable but that's only because it's longer than the stock one and I don't really use the built in mic. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #614 of 2,875
I was a committed cable skeptic until I tried out Linum`s display in Tokyo.  They have a set of Cosmic Ears universal IEMs wired to all 3 of their single-ended cables, which feed into a line switcher with an analogue input.  You can plug your source into this input and listen to your own music through the Cosmic Ears IEMs, and switch between the 3 cables (`Vocal`, `Music` and `Bax`).  The difference between these 3 cables is not subtle, there is an obvious difference. 

After this experience I no longer discount the impact cables can have on the sound of a headphone, especially when used with high-quality upstream gear and files. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back