Bandwidth--Speed Increase
Jul 20, 2001 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 10
How much are you up to now?

Just curious.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2001 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 10
I don't know if this had anything to do with stepping the bandwidth up, or if it was merely coincidence but from about 3:00 PST until just recently I couldn't get on to to Head-Fi. I kept getting a "remote server not responding error." Geeez, talk about major pucker factor. I had some bummer flashbacks going on.
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2001 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 10
You're right Jude. That was the problem. I re-saved the favourite link once I had logged in through an old e-mail link, thinking that would have the most recent address. Guess not.

Thanks

BTW: The site is noticably faster now.

Jul 20, 2001 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 10
Jude~

I hope this increase in bandwidth is not costing too much $$. I for one do not mind the slow speed in forum. It is not THAT slow.
wink.gif
I certainly do not mind that extra couple secs.

I was having some horrible flashbacks
eek.gif
for like 6 hours till I checked my email
biggrin.gif

redface.gif

I appreciate the speedier loading, but it really was fine with me in terms of loading speed. I rather have a slow forum than a forum shut down
rolleyes.gif

Time for me to hit the Links now
smily_headphones1.gif

still looking for my first powerstroke Eagle in Links 2001
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

Jul 20, 2001 at 5:16 AM Post #8 of 10
i seam to have intermittant problems with accessing headfi and a few other websites.... I recently got DSL, most local sites, downloads, game servers are very fast, but many websites do not load. With headfi, i often have to click refresh 4 or 5 times before a page will update... I'm not sure if this is a problem with my ISP, my comp, or this site....

I tried using the traceroute utility, and i get a time out on "verio.com"'s servers. Dunno if this is the problem...

Jul 20, 2001 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 10
It's a lot of fun to work with the challenges of keeping the forums running fast. What's really neat is that one minute Head-Fi may not be seeing much traffic at all, but the next second, boom, a bunch of you guys start hitting Head-Fi -- pulling up huge threads, some pages with 10 to 20 image loads.. lotsa fun.

Yeah, sorry about the old server aliases crapping out. We re-allocated those servers. So, we've updated the DNS so that if you try to go to some of those early Head-Fi hostnames (i.e. if you have them bookmarked), they'll just forward you to Head-Fi.org.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back