Baldoor/Mrice E100 Frequency Graph...how's it look?
May 3, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 20
  So I´ve always misunderstood how you fit E100´s in the first place. But my ears won´t even allow fit like that. I get the best sound driver pointing torwards the ear canal but cable running sideways torwards back of my head. Then I fiddle with the drivers angle just a little bit and voila -  Edifier H180/Monk/Monk+/Tomahawk rivaling sound.

I wonder how your E100 sounds. I've heard the Zen 1.0 and the Monk and didn't think either of them came close in any regard sound wise. I know a member I was PM'ing has the Tomahawk and he said that the E100 was also better though I haven't heard it. I have heard a couple people say the H180 was damn good...have yet to hear it. 

Though I have to say that outside the E100, with my abnormal fit, that buds generally don't fit me that well. How is the H180's fit for you?

May 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 20
  I wonder how your E100 sounds. I've heard the Zen 1.0 and the Monk and didn't think either of them came close in any regard sound wise. I know a member I was PM'ing has the Tomahawk and he said that the E100 was also better though I haven't heard it. I have heard a couple people say the H180 was damn good...have yet to hear it. 

Though I have to say that outside the E100, with my abnormal fit, that buds generally don't fit me that well. How is the H180's fit for you?

My E100´s sound probably like most early-2015 E100´s since I have two which I think are completely identical sounding. My first E100 which I remember being slightly better (or I am imagining) unfortunately died. I still have it, how easy it is to recable? Edifier H180 is pretty standard earbud with fitment. They are pretty good recommendation for someone who wants cheap earbud with "pop sound" but without any crazy fitment-mojo. Nothing spectacular though.

May 3, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #18 of 20

My E100´s sound probably like most early-2015 E100´s since I have two which I think are completely identical sounding. My first E100 which I remember being slightly better (or I am imagining) unfortunately died. I still have it, how easy it is to recable? Edifier H180 is pretty standard earbud with fitment. They are pretty good recommendation for someone who wants cheap earbud with "pop sound" but without any crazy fitment-mojo. Nothing spectacular though.

I have spare E100's you could use to recable? I can do it for you if you'd like? I wonder if the time period matters though with the E100. I've even asked for old stock and they sounded different. Man, I wish I would have known how horrible the quality was so I could have bought all the E100's from the seller I got my original one from...well that's considering if they even sounded all the same.......

I'll give the H180 a shot, seems cheap enough. What's the best earbud you've heard so far? 

May 3, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #19 of 20

I have spare E100's you could use to recable? I can do it for you if you'd like? I wonder if the time period matters though with the E100. I've even asked for old stock and they sounded different. Man, I wish I would have known how horrible the quality was so I could have bought all the E100's from the seller I got my original one from...well that's considering if they even sounded all the same.......

I'll give the H180 a shot, seems cheap enough. What's the best earbud you've heard so far? 

If you could recable my old broken Baldoor (and maybe listen to it and compare to your good pair) I can give you my Edifier H180 (with the same package) and I can cover whatever it costs to send E100´s back. PM me your address? 

Best earbud with just the right fitment: E100 slightly better than the rest in everything except maybe soundstage size. With different fitment sound can be everything from the best to the worst.
Best general earbud: To be honest I think Tomahawk, Monk(+) and H180 play in the same park.

Tomahawk is the most resolving but fatiguing with its midrange/treble "grain". Monk is easy sounding and engaging but little "muddy" at some frequencies. H180 is little more balanced than Monk, quite similar bass.

I think earbuds are really hard to compare since fitment plays even bigger role overall compared to circumaural headphones. I just did aggressive A/B testing AGAIN (god nows how many times this week) with all of those and still feel little confused, cant quite nail the characteristics

I´ve ordered Music Maker / Tone Kings cheaper green version of "Ting". I have to compare it to Tomahawk and after that I should sell / give my Tomahawk, maybe Ting too if its treble is too much. If E100´s would be easier to fit there would be no need to look for the next better...

EDIT: I have to say my first impressions of the original Monk were better than E100 and H180 but I hadn´t listened to those in ages and when I finally did A/B:ing I got confused as which of those are better. Maybe all you can say is they are different.

May 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #20 of 20

If you could recable my old broken Baldoor (and maybe listen to it and compare to your good pair) I can give you my Edifier H180 (with the same package) and I can cover whatever it costs to send E100´s back. PM me your address? 

PM'ed! 
biggrin.gif

Best earbud with just the right fitment: E100 slightly better than the rest in everything except maybe soundstage size.

Really? There's something better than the E100 in relation to sound stage? I don't believe it! Haha! I do believe you on the sound though. Even without hearing all the buds out there I've heard a couple that are deemed to be very high up on the sound level that I just don't think compare. But different strokes for different folks I suppose.

With different fitment sound can be everything from the best to the worst.

This is true. If I wear the E100 "normally" like you would with most buds they sound horrible. Only wearing them the way I do is the only way to get the sound I oh so love.

Tomahawk is the most resolving but fatiguing with its midrange/treble "grain".

I'd be interested to hear these as I've yet to find Monk is easy sounding and engaging but little "muddy" at some frequencies. H180 is little more balanced than Monk, quite similar bass.

And yes, fitment is a problem with buds. I've experienced this first hand many a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back