Balanced 2.5mm cable for CIEM 2Pin
May 9, 2018 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tanelorn

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I would like to listen to the difference of a balanced out in my DAC (which supports 3.5 SE and 2.5 BA) and therefore I am searching for a recommendable but cheap (<50€ if possible) balanced cable I could use with my Vision Ears VE8 to test if there is a big difference.

Do you have any recommendations ?
I am living in Germany if that is important for the vendor choice.

Any experiences with cheap Balanced cables?

May 11, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 10
If you get a cheap one, the sound signature might be limited by the cable quality. If you want to compare the 3.5mm and 2.5mm output difference, it would be good that you compare it with the same cable but with different jack.

May 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 10
I would go with this one:

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...ethos-5n-cgocc-a-silver-plated-earphone-cable

Ethos 5N CGOCC-A Silver Plated Earphone Cable utilizes the specially made 5N purity CGOCC-A silver plated copper wires with gauge of 26AWG. It is 4 wire braided to minimize cross interference and insulated with ultra flexible TPE sleeve.
endquote

79 Singapore Dollars, ships to Germany and is in the 50 euro ballpark - I have a couple of cables from them (and other cables that are quite a bit more expensive) and I only have good things to say about them, great quality and fantastic value for money.

They have an even cheaper cable - the brevity and that can be had for 49SGD

I have the Arette mk3 balanced recently for my UE11Pro and it looks and sounds amazing...

Take a look at how this cable for arrived:
IMG_0721.jpg IMG_0171.jpg IMG_0722.jpg

the blue color I specced to match my blue UE11Pro...

Attachments

• IMG_0723-2.jpg
    IMG_0723-2.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 10
Thanks for the reply, undfortunately there is a cover over the pins, but that wont fit my CIEMs because the pins need to go into the ciems completely.
But I will look at their range.

Can I just switch the cable on my earphones? can there be issues when switching? ( I have never had experience with that)

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 10
There's a bunch on Amazon. Cable quality shouldn't matter. Just check to see if it is wired correctly when you get it.

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #6 of 10
I would go with this one:

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...ethos-5n-cgocc-a-silver-plated-earphone-cable

Ethos 5N CGOCC-A Silver Plated Earphone Cable utilizes the specially made 5N purity CGOCC-A silver plated copper wires with gauge of 26AWG. It is 4 wire braided to minimize cross interference and insulated with ultra flexible TPE sleeve.
endquote

79 Singapore Dollars, ships to Germany and is in the 50 euro ballpark - I have a couple of cables from them (and other cables that are quite a bit more expensive) and I only have good things to say about them, great quality and fantastic value for money.

They have an even cheaper cable - the brevity and that can be had for 49SGD

I have the Arette mk3 balanced recently for my UE11Pro and it looks and sounds amazing...

Take a look at how this cable for arrived:

the blue color I specced to match my blue UE11Pro...

How smooth and flexible are those cables? I have an effect audio cable currently and it is quite unflexible and this is a bit of a pain in handling.

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for the reply, undfortunately there is a cover over the pins, but that wont fit my CIEMs because the pins need to go into the ciems completely.
But I will look at their range.

The blue cable has UE 2-pin connectors. You can pick standard 2-pin when ordering your own cable.

Companies that use standard 2-pin connectors for their IEMs usually know that their customers will try different cables to replace the stock. An aftermarket 2-pin cable isn't guaranteed to work, but it almost never happens if you buy from a reputable brand.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 10
Hey, I also saw the FiiO but did not hear good stuff about these.

I now chose the Arete Series MKIII. found a good discount code and will have a try with this one. production time over 2 weeks.. so I will keep you updated.

Thanks for all your replies

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back