backbeat titanium
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Both the Backbeat Titanium and the Metrofi series are from Ultimate Ear's old model series. The Metrofi 200's are also from a different model set from both the 220s and the backbeats FYI. I had a pair of MetroFi 170's, and tbh, they weren't that good. You're probably better off getting a newer model from UE or another brand altogether.

Oct 13, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't know if you've taken a close look at ljokerl's review thread, but it's really good for these kinds of comparisons. He's got a couple of your phones on there (or their older siblings) so you might be able to get a better idea of how they sound. Personally, I've heard the Klipsch S4s, which are significantly higher-end than the S2s you mention, and found them to be very v-shaped, to the point of sibilance. I can't comment on the backbeats specifically, but I found that my MetroFi 170s were only ok, not very detailed or special in any way. Apple stock buds are also pretty bad, but that kinda goes without saying. Anyway, if you really want a good pair of budget, <$40 IEMs, I recommend you take a thorough look at that massive review thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-199-iems-compared-fischer-audio-tandem-hisoundaudio-crystal-added-10-05-11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back