B&W ASW608 Subwoofer not going into standby automatically
Nov 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dhc0329

Headphoneus Supremus
I currently have Bel Canto C5i connecting both Orb Audio Satellite speakers and B&W ASW608 subwoofer on its speaker out port.
This is as per Bowers and Wikins manual. C5i is connected to my PC via coaxial cable running from HT Omega Fenix soundcard.
The sound is excellent and I have no complain about that but when my PC goes to sleep mode, I expect the ASW608 subwoofer to
go to standby mode automatically with no sonic signal but it doesn't.  

According to the manual, when I set the subwoofer to "Auto" (it has On/Auto/Standby setting on its back), it should go to sleep
in 5 min with no signal but I see the green ON light all the time, even after 10 hours.

What I noticed is that after about an hour or two when I tried to play a music, the sound won't come up immediately but only after it makes very low pop
sound or I turned volume dial up, it would then play the song - as if it was under standby mode with the incorrect light indicator (I never saw red standby light) Very Strange.   

Any advice or comment from the experts would be highly appreciated.

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi. I am having a similar problem with the subwoofer auto setting. It won't go to standby when I turn off the amp. Would appreciate detailed info on how to find a proper earthing point on the subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back