Ayreon - 01011001 (New album by Ayreon)
Nov 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Patu

Headphoneus Supremus
Nov 28, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 14
As excited as I am about the prospect of a new Ayreon album, the lineup of vocalists does not impress me as much as the line up from Human Equation. But I am pretty certain the album will still kick some serious @$$

Nov 28, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 14
I'm so FREAKING pumped for this CD. The video was amazing.

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 14
I'm only familiar with Kürsch, Gildenlöw, Englund, Jonas, Anneke, and of course, Arjen from the list, but they're all fantastic vocalists. I'm excited
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 14
Had to watch the teaser again... AWESOME!

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 14
i'm quite sure , a nice arsenal of vocalist ( Daniel from Pain of Salavation , it's like a dream coming true for me
smily_headphones1.gif
) , and of course arjen in charge .

i'm very excited
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 14
Wow, definitely have to check this out. I recently got Aryeon's album The Human Equation and was rather impressed by that.

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #8 of 14
The new vocalists are give and take compared to those who were present on The Human Equation. Daniel Gildenlow, Floor Jansen, and Tom Englund are all monstrous gains - along with a few others. The loss of Heather Findlay completely sucks ass though... she is incredible.

Looking forward to it, all in all.

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 14
I didn't like the Human Equation, sounded like a cheesefest (
rolleyes.gif
) to me, but that was ages ago, plus I didn't know there were so many different artists collaborating. The trailer for the new album has got me very interested though, I mean Anneke van Giersbergen and Floor Jansen, what more could you want?!
icon10.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #10 of 14
The album leaked to the internet

Its certainly an Ayreon album ,
i think the fans won't be dissapointed, thats my intial impression ,at least from the first cd .

Dec 3, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 14
Of course Ayreon is cheesy. Isn't all sci-fi a little cheesy? It's great fun!

My favorite album is Into the Electric Castle. If you don't have it, go get it!

Apparently 01011001 is longhand for Y, as in Planet Y. I'd rather say Y, as 010011001 is pretty hard to pronounce!

Come on January 28!

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #12 of 14
Nearly at the end of CD 1 now. Sounds a LOT like Star One to me. Which is good, but UM1 and UM2 are still my by far faves, with HE just behind.

I think UM1/2 and (to a slightly lesser degree) HE had more natural/free-flowing sounding songs, whereas this is a return to the (as said above) cheesier style of Into the Electric Castle and the Final Experiment, except that now of course they are done with much better production. All just IMO of course.

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 14
I listened to the leak maybe a month ago, and, for the sake of your wallets-

this album blows. especially if your idea of Ayreon is The Human Equation.

100101010010101010 is a regression into arjen's own cheesy, very, very cheesy sci-fi electronics diddling. and I am not closed to electronic music and it's variants in the least. just that this is bad- archaic, even. That said- I would have to say that the vocals were probably the worst part of the album for me, still. This album is for thorough fans of Arjen's Star One stuff as well as cheesy hard rock epic metal.. can't think of any keystone band names for that right now but

hear as much of the album as you can before blindly purchasing it, if your interest in ayreon is based off of The Human Equation.

If you're an all around Ayreon and Star One fan, then, this may be right up your lane

I was really excited as well, anneke and daniel gildenlow helping to make up for the lacking line-up in comparison to THE. but they did nothing for it ;[

my 2 cents

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #14 of 14
I was holding back haha. Unfortunately I agree 100% with Luminette. Heard the whole thing now, and listening again to give it a fair chance, but yep - it's a regression. And for those who love this one to death when it comes out, you have to bare in mind that some of us have been listening to his older stuff and UM1/2 for several years and expected another big 'jump' forwards. If you do love this, check out Star One (which I also like, but didn't want Ayreon to go as cheesy as it was).

Edit: here's another thread from another forum showing pretty much the same concensus: http://www.fiveeightforums.com/ayreo...862/index.html

Most big Ayreon fans from way back aren't overly impressed, some of them love it cos it returns to the cheese. Whereas most of those who only got into Ayreon with THE seem to like it a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back