Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing. Better than I expected !
Apr 19, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 59
She was in NYC Times Square today for a small live performance and new CD signing. There were a good amount of fans. Here's a small sample. Demographics seemed all over the place. Pretty much the teenagers were from out of the city as they screamed where they were from. The 'burbs.

avrilfanszk5.jpg

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 59
Ah, thanks Gatticus. I saw a spray of her once during a game of CS:S and was curious (
redface.gif
) ever since.

Back on topic, I hate the title of the album (trying to make it sound oh-so-emo-tough), and AL herself just doesn't seem mature enough to see life straight on.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, thanks Gatticus. I saw a spray of her once during a game of CS:S and was curious (
redface.gif
) ever since.

Back on topic, I hate the title of the album (trying to make it sound oh-so-emo-tough), and AL herself just doesn't seem mature enough to see life straight on.

What has any of that got anything to do with the music ?

Doesn't anyone have ANYTHING to say about the music, instead of slating her and about the direction of where she is headed.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #20 of 59
her under the skin(forgot about the name) album was one of my few pop/rock album. never a rock/pop fan but wanted to try something new anyway, i thought about asking or making a thread about "if i like that album what should i get next". i didn't because i thought maybe i'll get her next album but when i see the music video on mtv. i thought wow, she got younger? or is that avril younger sister. nah i'm too old for this. i'll be looking for something else. suggestion? sorry off topic

Apr 19, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't anyone have ANYTHING to say about the music, instead of slating her and about the direction of where she is headed.

Her lyrics are childish and unrepresentative of her claiming she has matured.

The songs vary little and are boring.

The druming wasn't bad.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #22 of 59
Quote:

It matters, because all the Britney Spears fans/worshipers got scarred for life, and those other wanna-be-populars like Hillary Duff are wandering down that same path. Personality counts too, y'know.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

It's great........ if you're a 13 year old girl. Where's she headed? To the $1.99 CD bin with the Paris Hilton and Brooke Hogan albums.

Why don't we change the flavor of this thread and recommend some female vocalists to raymondlin. I'll start. I'm choosing one that's not too many lightyears away from Avril, but MUCH more intelligent and witty (and actually writes her own songs.) Very cute as well in my opinion.

Nellie McKay.

Apr 19, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #24 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah! She's got nothing on Alizee when it comes to the cuteness factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBIm_vrVAfQ

and Alizee has a much nicer bum too.

alizee_fesses.gif

On top of all that her music is also crap and she lipsyncs her videos.

Hahaha, I think I was staring at this for about 5 minutes before my brain kicked in and suggested I should stop drooling!
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It matters, because all the Britney Spears fans/worshipers got scarred for life, and those other wanna-be-populars like Hillary Duff are wandering down that same path. Personality counts too, y'know.
rolleyes.gif

Whatever happened to judging it on its work ?
plainface.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

and she's cute

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but she is really cute and I secretly had a crush on her

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think shes alright.

Erm... sorry to burst your bubble but.. everyone can look good with make-up

avril_lavigne_no_makeup_04.jpg
[

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #29 of 59
I used to love how she would stretch out her songs with lots of "yeah, yeah's", "oh, oh's", and "woo, woo's". Now in Girlfriend, she stretches it out by breaking into a chant-like cheer which sounds awfully suspicious like Tony Basil's Mickey. In fact, a local radio station has inserted the Mickey cheer while playing Girlfriend.

She was on SNL last week. Her first song was Girlfriend. I don't know what the second song was but guess what? During that song she also broke out into a cheer. She also seemed unenthusiastic while performing and did so sans guitar. I guess she finally realized that people caught on to what a phony she is with regard to her "guitar playing".

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha, I think I was staring at this for about 5 minutes before my brain kicked in and suggested I should stop drooling!
tongue.gif

I saw this quote on youtube one day and I am certain the first part is true.

"All men love Alizee and Alizee loves all men".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back