Avant Air Review
Aug 25, 2021 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

patrice58

Head-Fier
I've purchased a pair of earbuds from a company I've purchased quite a lot of audio products from, starting with the excellent Resonates and onwards.

This is a review on the Avant Air from the company Rock Jaw Audio. A wireless pair of earbuds that offers incredible value.

This is my review and it it's free of any outside influence, no money has changed hands and no shady dealings have taken place.

Right onwards and upwards.

As you can see it comes fitted with eartips as standard but they can be removed but I wouldn't recommend it as it's a right pain trying to put them back.

It comes with the extremely short USB A to USB C connector but since must people have a normal sized charging cable it's fine to have as a backup.

If you have a wireless charger then you'll be right at home as the Avant Air's case also supports wireless charging.

Right the most important part of the review the sound. So what does it sound like? Well if truth be told it's a really fun sounding pair of earbuds. It's V shaped in it's sound signature which to be honest brings out the best in it's usage case. The custom drivers which by the way have liquid silicone and beryllium coatings have a incredible frequency response 15–40000Hz that means you hear nuances on tracks that you've heard many times before. The earbuds support AAC and AptX codecs.

The bass is impactful but not overwhelming. The treble might be slightly harsh to some people because of the overall sound signature but I haven't had any issues.

Soundstage as I've spoken briefly about above is absolutely beautiful. I feel the team at Rock Jaw have done themselves proud as I can tell they're not just thrown the kitchen sink at the development of these bad boys they've included the whole kitchen as well.

Battery life is another thing they've excelled at, with up to 12 hours in ear and 39 hours in the case. You'll definitely have enough to last you though the day and then some.

Connectivity is amazing, not once have I had any issues pairing with the Avant Air or any problems with it cutting out on my Android device with Bluetooth 5.0. The Avant Air supports Bluetooth 5.2 out the box.

The Avant Air comes with touch controls which control volume and voice assistant compatible.

It's also IPX5 water resistant.

Each earbud is 6.5 grams.

Here's where to purchase them https://rockjawaudio.com/products/avant-air

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_150931.jpeg
    IMG_20210809_150931.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back