AV710 Left Channel Noise!?!?!
Oct 8, 2007 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mminutel

500+ Head-Fier
Once every couple hours, the left channel will make an electrical noise. Don't laugh: "unk ugga unk ugga unk." My crappy home stereo does the exact same thing. Has anyone experienced this with the card? I want to see if anyone has the same problem, because I want to make sure it isn't the amp before I upgrade my headphones. The problem is that I couldn't stand to lay beside of my computer and plug my marshmallows directly into the card for a couple of hours to see if it still does it. It doesn't bother me a whole lot, because it sometimes doesn't happen for several hours. I just don't want to ruin a new set of phones if my source is bad.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Do you keep your Cell phone near this equipment? Is it an GSM phone? My parrents had an Mitsubishi Cingular/AT&T phone, and every few hours their computers speakers did this odd click/beep thing.

It was the phone itself syncing with the network to get the correct time.

They now have new Verizon Motorola & LG phones, and no longer get those clicks/beeps.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Wow, that is interesting. It is a GSM phone. I would have never thought. Next time it does it I will see if it is syncing and report back.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, my nextel used to do that, both with the computer speakers/headphones and in the car -- drove me nuts til I figured it out, then it just made me mad. It wasn't the reason I switched to Verizon, but I'm happy I no longer have that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back