Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,405 of 3,454

Wow I seems to actually have missed that there is an RE600 , thank you, so you would rank the RE600 better than the rocket? The comment on the mods and the build quality made me worry though

The modded RE600, I'd rank slightly above, because of better bass extension and treble that's more to my liking. But it's an unfair comparison between a modded and a stock phone, and I'd choose the Rockets over the stock RE600 any time.

Build quality should definitely be a concern. I had to have my RE600 replaced after just a few weeks, because the cable broke near the strain relief. A few months later, the cable on my replacement unit lost connection at the plug. I take care of my phones and have rarely had an issue, despite owning a large collection. As much as I like their (modded) sound, my RE600 take the cake when it comes to unreliability.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,406 of 3,454

Wow I seems to actually have missed that there is an RE600 , thank you, so you would rank the RE600 better than the rocket? The comment on the mods and the build quality made me worry though

Just chiming in to say I've listened to Rockets and RE600 and I would take the RE600 over the Rockets any day. They are, overall, somewhat similar in presentation, but the RE600 is more detailed everywhere except some specific vocals/guitars, the RE600 has a much nicer and more accurate sound staging, and the RE600 fits a lot better for me. I'm sure the Rockets win in build quality, but I haven't had issue with my RE600 yet.

Pure sound quality wise, RE600 is a step above Rockets IMO.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #2,407 of 3,454
I ended up keeping the re400b over the re600. The 600 is missing way too much treble presence. Pianos sounded flat and lifeless to me. Music had no edge. I would like to hear a modded 600 though. That could correct everything I thought was wrong with it.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2,408 of 3,454

Just chiming in to say I've listened to Rockets and RE600 and I would take the RE600 over the Rockets any day. They are, overall, somewhat similar in presentation, but the RE600 is more detailed everywhere except some specific vocals/guitars, the RE600 has a much nicer and more accurate sound staging, and the RE600 fits a lot better for me. I'm sure the Rockets win in build quality, but I haven't had issue with my RE600 yet.

Pure sound quality wise, RE600 is a step above Rockets IMO.

I actually disagree. The only thing the RE600s really beat the Rockets in is soundstage imho. The RE600 has better bass extension slightly. But to me, the Rockets have a better midrange and more realistic treble. They are both great IEMs, but I think the Rockets inch out ahead.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #2,409 of 3,454
I ended up keeping the re400b over the re600. The 600 is missing way too much treble presence. Pianos sounded flat and lifeless to me. Music had no edge. I would like to hear a modded 600 though. That could correct everything I thought was wrong with it.

It's weird, my RE600 have unbeatable treble extension, surpassing even my Etymotic ER4S and the RE-ZERO of yore. I can easily hear every treble detail that I've ever heard with any other 'phone, and then some. However, the treble itself sits a little bit behind the mids and bass as far as overall reproduced volume. All this means for me is a complete lack of sibilance without losing any brightness or detail... hard for me to find a negative with that.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #2,412 of 3,454
Sometimes I can't take science cause of its ********* logic.

luisdent good stuff! Was your pair provided by Gnarl? Man I wish you'd told me since the tour pair is now enroute to you when it could have been sent to me lol.

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #2,413 of 3,454
anyone have any tip recommendations?  I need something smaller as it takes too much messing around with the stock tips (and senn biflanges) to get it seated correctly. I want something smaller to just throw them in and go. I think the tips and the cable/microphonics are the main reasons I dont use the rockets much.

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #2,414 of 3,454
anyone have any tip recommendations?  I need something smaller as it takes too much messing around with the stock tips (and senn biflanges) to get it seated correctly. I want something smaller to just throw them in and go. I think the tips and the cable/microphonics are the main reasons I dont use the rockets much.

Sony MH1 (or MH1C) are my go-to's. A pop in and go affair for me. Microphonics, you're on your own lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back