Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #106 of 3,454

To me ROCKETS are as well balanced as I have personally ever heard and of course I wanted them to sound that way. The new 5.1mm micro-dynamic is pretty amazing. While they don't invigorate you like the ASG-2 does they are smooth like a fine aged scotch. You can savor the well balanced sound all day without getting tired of it. I am listening to them now and very happy...

It is rare that a custom and non-custom version of something sounds the same. It has a lot to do with air volume change in the canal and occlusion.

Sounds interesting, can't wait for people to start getting impressions in (I know it probably won't be soon).  

As for the custom vs generic, it makes sense that they wouldn't sound the same.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #107 of 3,454

Sounds interesting, can't wait for people to start getting impressions in (I know it probably won't be soon).  

As for the custom vs generic, it makes sense that they wouldn't sound the same.  

We are going to be at the Austin TX meet now on January 18th and will have a pre-release version of ROCKETS there for everyone to offer input and of course give there thoughts about them. So you should start to hear more peoples input on them soon.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #108 of 3,454

We are going to be at the Austin TX meet now on January 18th and will have a pre-release version of ROCKETS there for everyone to offer input and of course give there thoughts about them. So you should start to hear more peoples input on them soon.

Yes, I saw that on Facebook.  Wish Austin was a little closer to the Windy City XD  

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #109 of 3,454
  I do like a neutral sound as well.  The issue is that a true neutral sound does exactly what you state it does.  Vocals will sound thinner as bass is thinner in general.  

Your definition of "neutral" fits Etymōtic's; I fear it doesn't fit mine. If I record someone's voice with a very linear microphone (an omni, to avoid any proximity effect) and the sound I get from the ER4 is noticeably thinner than real life, there's a problem. Try to mix with the ER4 and you'll end unnaturally boosting the bass to compensate. 

The guys ears were crazy big! Like elephant sized, well baby elephant...

A related problem is that when I move my jaw, the shape of my ear canals also change more than average. That makes it easier for me to lose a seal even with CIEMs -- both the acrylic one and silicone ones I owe (though my silicone ones are made of a harder kind of silicone than the shore 40 used by, for instance, Sensaphonics, ACS, and Custom Arts).

To me ROCKETS are as well balanced as I have personally ever heard 

So it's a departure from your "stage monitor" house sound. OK. Sounds good to me.

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #114 of 3,454
  GOT EM!! Ahhhh.

OK, then go back to bed. 
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #118 of 3,454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back