Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #707 of 2,761
I haven't bought anything from the States that wasn't over 40US for express/priority shipping... Audio gear anyway.

Good news for any prospective buyers but from what I understand Springtree does not ordinarily ship internationally so this might complicate things.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #709 of 2,761
Quote:
I haven't bought anything from the States that wasn't over 40US for express/priority shipping... Audio gear anyway.

Good news for any prospective buyers but from what I understand Springtree does not ordinarily ship internationally so this might complicate things.

Possibly, yes. But let's hope it pans out. Remember than USA customers get free shipping, so even taking your $40 into account, international customers could hope to pay closer to $30 than $50, IMO.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #710 of 2,761
I independently took a look into international shipping rates to UK before I placed my order .

It so turned out that USPS matched up exactly with what was offered by Spring Tree - $52

1-3 day tracked delivery with full insurance.

So i don't think Spring Tree are making money out of delivery service but just offering a standard off the shelf rates from USPS courier.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #712 of 2,761
^Which is even more great news. Customer support at its best
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #713 of 2,761
I placed an order with matt on thursday but have yet to receive a tracking number though.
Might be due to the holidays but not sure if it usually takes that long for usps to ship to Singapore.
Paid $55 for shipping so i'm guessing its the priority 4 day shipping?

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #714 of 2,761
I'd just like to commend Dale and Aurisonics level or service. Dale told me that my AS-1b would be a little delayed because of a defect but my pair would be sent overnight at their expense. I'm glad that their QA process allowed them to find the defect before it reached me, less trouble all around. The shipping upgrade is really appreciated! 

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #715 of 2,761

Quote:
I placed an order with matt on thursday but have yet to receive a tracking number though.
Might be due to the holidays but not sure if it usually takes that long for usps to ship to Singapore.
Paid $55 for shipping so i'm guessing its the priority 4 day shipping?

I don't imagine it's been shipped yet. Matt received stock last Thursday, which due to demand was gone by Friday. I ordered mine last Tuesday, so mine were one of the last to be shipped out in last weeks batch. Springtree will be receiving another load of stock this week, which no doubt will be shipped out equally fast.

I agree that the P&P cost appears to be disproportionately high - though this may be due to Springtree using a 48 hours delivery service.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #716 of 2,761

Quote:
I don't imagine it's been shipped yet. Matt received stock last Thursday, which due to demand was gone by Friday. I ordered mine last Tuesday, so mine were one of the last to be shipped out in last weeks batch. Springtree will be receiving another load of stock this week, which no doubt will be shipped out equally fast.

I agree that the P&P cost appears to be disproportionately high - though this may be due to Springtree using a 48 hours delivery service.

Congrats !

So when do you expect to receive them from the tracking info ? How many days will it have been ?

This will give me an idea on how long i can expect mine to arrive once dispatched.

Also any news on UK Customs Duty ?

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #717 of 2,761
Oh dear god...
Archy what have you done to me?

This is NOT GOOD for my wallet.

Out of interest - if i were to buy them, would anyone be interested in buying them slightly cheaper off me if I DON'T like them?

EDIT:
Could someone tell me of the "soundstage" of these?
Excuse my ignorance :frowning2:

I'm just not liking the closed soundstage of the MG7's...but love everything else (almost)
Do these have as much if not more punch than the MG7's and a wider SS?

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #718 of 2,761
Haha.. Didn't want a good friend to miss out on a wallet raping like myself.

I would have jumped & said me but ordered already !

The impressions so far & the fact they are discounted $299 -> $179 i would be surprised if you didn't have people fighting to take them off your hands.

In case you missed it - these things will  be upgradeable to Dual Dynamic drivers
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #719 of 2,761

Quote:

Congrats !

So when do you expect to receive them from the tracking info ? How many days will it have been ?

This will give me an idea on how long i can expect mine to arrive once dispatched.

Also any news on UK Customs Duty ?

Well, I ordered mine last Tuesday and they had shipped by Friday. They left the US on trasnsit to the UK yesterday morning. No news on UK Customs Duty yet - will keep you posted.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #720 of 2,761

Quote:
Haha.. Didn't want a good friend to miss out on a wallet raping like myself.

I would have jumped & said me but ordered already !

The impressions so far & the fact they are discounted $299 -> $179 i would be surprised if you didn't have people fighting to take them off your hands.

In case you missed it - these things will  be upgradeable to Dual Dynamic drivers
wink_face.gif

I Pm'ed you, regarding where...as I couldn't find it from the site u said.

I'll do a comparison of the MG7's and TFTA's but I'm feeling the MG7's, due to the nature of a closed SS, might be sold on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back