Auric Illuminator
Jul 29, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #16 of 18
News Flash!
There has been an update to the Auric Illuminator kit.

They have reformulated the gel and have included a new pen. Apparently the Vivid was good enough to inspire them to take another look at the Auric, and have since made big improvemnets to the product.

I am expecting the new fluid and pens anyday now to update what I have in stock. If anyone happens to buy a kit from me between now and then, I will send them the update at no charge.
600smile.gif

TR

Jul 29, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alereon
Silly question, but isn't there an easy way to empirically test treatments such as this? Burn an Audio CD-R, then rip it to a WAV file. Now, treat the CD-R, and rip it again in the same way. If the files are not digitally identical, then we know that the treatment does something, and we can compare the files to see what changed and by how much. If the files ARE identical, then we know the treatment is worthless.

On existing CDs, do the same thing, rip before and after treatment and compare the files. There's no reference, but you will be able to know if the treatment had any effect whatsoever.

yes but isnt the point not that it changes the data but how much and how accurately and easily the laser can read.

I mean, if we have blind listening tests from noon audio people getting it right more often than not, then yes, the product is most likely doing something.

Jul 29, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
News Flash!
There has been an update to the Auric Illuminator kit.

They have reformulated the gel and have included a new pen. Apparently the Vivid was good enough to inspire them to take another look at the Auric, and have since made big improvemnets to the product.

Well one thing works exactly as advertised-99% pure isopropyl does remove the stuff from discs as I sold some CDs and had to clean them.

I'm being facetious. I did do the removal and as well as knowing I was overdue to try the stuff again, I've been listening to an enthralling performance that does not sound very good on CD. The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (2002) has all the digital nasties available.

I just applied the AI.
It's a little better.
5-7% better.
It's still a sow's ear though.
I'll probably try the new formula.

I'm a little unconcerned sinced I'm about to throw on some 200 gram vinyl
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back