Auralic Taurus MKII vs Woo Audio WA22
May 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bblegram

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!
I'm a big doubt and please, I need the opinion of you.
I'm in doubt between buying AMP Woo Audio WA22 or Aurilic Taurus MKII for use with LCD-3 Audeze (fazor)
I always liked more amplifiers with tubes, and I was already decided to buy the WA22. However, after reading some reviews, I was very interested in the Taurus Auralic MKII, mainly because the two are in the same price range.
After reading the reviews about Taurus MKII, I saw that technically it is better than the WA22, however, all are emphatic in saying that it is very transparent and that's exactly why I'm a little worried. I like the sound a bit Warm.
Currently, I have a Sennheiser HD 650 I use with AMP WA3 (woo audio) and also use my LCD-3 with an AMP SS Meier Audio CONCERTO.
Please help me decide!
Note: In many sites, I realized that there are the same questions about these 2 AMPS, but without some more solid conclusion ....
Thank you
Bruno

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 2
I was looking into the same 2 amps and found this thread under the search bar.

Thought I would bump it up to see if anyone has tried out both of these amps.

I just recently picked up a pair of HD800's and am looking to upgrade my source gear.

Both the Taurus and WA22 seem to have some pretty good reviews when it comes to the HD800. Hopefully they are good with the TH900 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back