Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jul 9, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #7,262 of 8,309
Second, I am wanting to upgrade the capacitors and I keep seeing the ELNA Silmic II and the ELNA Cerafine, and supposedly the Silmic II is more tube-y or something and the Cerafine is faster with a bigger soundstage and sharper treble, I'm just curious on which one I should like if I am looking for some more bass OOMPH and tightness in my HE-400i and possibly wider soundstage. I just want to know how both of them affect the bass and then the soundstage as well. Also, the power caps everyone mentions, the Panasonic FR, are there any *better* alternatives or should I just get those?

Cerafine is too cold/thin and bright sounding compared to SilmicII in case of Aune T1. Tried both but SilmicII sounded actually even more spacious than Cerafines, at least coupled with Panasonic FR as main pwr supply caps and latter one should be one of the best choices in that section specification-wise, so, I would stay with FR in there.
About oomphy bass, I think You could try Vishay RSU038 series caps instead silmicII`s, they are widely available, cheaper and sound very good in my experience in all applications I have used them. They have nice punchy bass and kick usually. Depends on application but I think it will give good result, haven`t tried them with Aune T1 myself though, went straight to SilmicII+FR setup approved by many here.

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #7,263 of 8,309
I have Aune T1 mk2 with 6922 tube from massdrop paired with AKG k612 pro.

I'm finding the highs very fatiguing. I want a much more warm sounding signature with less bright highs.

Is there a downside to just applying software eq? I'm using Spotify (Premium quality), and thinking of buying a license for this Spotify equalizer: http://www.equalify.me/

Or is there an EQ setting I can apply to all of Windows? So games as well? I'm new to audio and still trying to discover options

Or is there a tube I can try that'd help tone down the highs?

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #7,265 of 8,309
For toning down the highs, I suggest a NOS Philips or Amperex tube from Holland. ECC88 or E88CC. For even nicer highs, try a 7308 or E188CC. Look for the delta symbol (half a triangle) and four creases on top. They sound very nice.

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #7,269 of 8,309
A while back, I posted a tube review here and asked whether anyone could identify if this tube was an original Amperex or not. I've gotten some better, higher quality pictures of it now. Can anyone identify it now?

*Click on "original" to view it in the highest quality. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #7,270 of 8,309

Guess I'm STILL waiting for mine. I hate FexEx, they're the only one who do this. Happens to get on the island a day early and they just let it sit, even when I had two packages come in on the same day if it wasn't "scheduled" to be delivered today they just leave it even if they're delivering something else here. I often get USPS packages 2-3 days earlier than expected.

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #7,271 of 8,309
FedEx are terrible. They have ridiculous shipping fees and they charge more for customs - at least in my country. Also, they're a lot slower than say DHL for example. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back