Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Sep 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #5,988 of 8,309
Sure can. The JAN was one of my favorites before I tried the Amperex and Siemens tubes. Great imaging and layering of music. Nice soundstage and definitely better to me overall than the EH, Sovtek, and Gold Lion.

Not as thrilling for vocals or Mids as the more expensive tubes, but definitely a buy if you grab it below $15/tube.

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #5,989 of 8,309
Sure can. The JAN was one of my favorites before I tried the Amperex and Siemens tubes. Great imaging and layering of music. Nice soundstage and definitely better to me overall than the EH, Sovtek, and Gold Lion.

Not as thrilling for vocals or Mids as the more expensive tubes, but definitely a buy if you grab it below $15/tube.

One of my 1st tubes i bought ..Very good tube, still use it but I paid $15 which is high but is was NOS and great condition of course.

Charlie   ♫♫

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #5,990 of 8,309

Hello!
My Aune T1 just arrived not long ago.....
How many hours should I break-in this Aune T1?

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #5,992 of 8,309
Alright guys I need your help. So I have a crazy static that comes from my Aune t1. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it drives me crazy. I have tried different headphones, different USB ports and nothing. Touching the casing of the aune or my headphone wires either makes it go away or makes it louder. Really makes me sad cause I got the unit in February after hearing about how good of a starting tube amp/dac it is.
Electrical issue is what i'm guessing?

That sounds like your tube pins aren't all making complete contact with the socket. You aren't by chance using a socket saver are you? I have one of the tubemonger socket savers and I have heard this exactly and every time it is the tube slightly off level and is easily fixed by adjusting the tube

Sep 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #5,997 of 8,309
Thanks xkonfuzed,

I had a hard time choosing the color too. I chose this color it is because it match my iMac.

I listened to it for couple hours and OMG! I am so happy I got this.
This picture makes me regret getting the black T1, white one is so much sexier :p

I wouldn't worry too much about burn in, but I'd give it 30 hours.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #6,000 of 8,309
Quote:
  UPDATE!

I contacted Digi-Key from whom I had ordered the Olimex USB Isolator from and they surprisingly apologized and replaced the item for me at no charge whatsoever!

They just got a customer for life. Way to take care of your customers, guys! A+

What are you plugging in that you need that kind of protection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back