Aune S9c Pro - Impressions thread
Apr 15, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #76 of 82
It heats up just a little, a little warm. And only if it works for a long time. The case is large and thick-walled, apparently used as a radiator.
I looking for an amp/dac that won't heat up my room too much in the summer... But sounds great!

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #77 of 82
Are people using the s9c pro with iems? How is that going?

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #79 of 82
This is a thread for discussing about the Aune S9c Pro.

The Aune S9c Pro is a all-in-one desktop DAC/amp with an excellent audio performance as you can read in my Aune S9c Pro review.
Feel free to comment and share your impressions if you own one.
Sup Ichos, I have a question regarding this desktop DAC/AMP, I'm currently using my aune yuki for OTG and I want something that sounds similar or as close as possible as the yuki for my desktop setup at home, I currently running the aune S17 as an amp and a SMSL SU8s for DAC, just wondering if the DAC section of this device would deliver that same sound signature as the yuki?

This question prompted into my mind after I listen to the Meze 109 pro on the yuki and they just sounded amazing and it would be wonderful if I could get that sound into my setup, because my current setup sounds really good, but there's something missing that the yuki provides in spades, it's just missing a little bit more power tbh and if I could run more demanding cans on the yuki, I would certainly do.

If anyone else want's to chime in that are also running the S9C and the S17 and that have also have listen to the yuki, it would be very welcome.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #80 of 82
Sup Ichos, I have a question regarding this desktop DAC/AMP, I'm currently using my aune yuki for OTG and I want something that sounds similar or as close as possible as the yuki for my desktop setup at home, I currently running the aune S17 as an amp and a SMSL SU8s for DAC, just wondering if the DAC section of this device would deliver that same sound signature as the yuki?

This question prompted into my mind after I listen to the Meze 109 pro on the yuki and they just sounded amazing and it would be wonderful if I could get that sound into my setup, because my current setup sounds really good, but there's something missing that the yuki provides in spades, it's just missing a little bit more power tbh and if I could run more demanding cans on the yuki, I would certainly do.

If anyone else want's to chime in that are also running the S9C and the S17 and that have also have listen to the yuki, it would be very welcome.
Difficult to answer because look what happens: The Aune S9C Pro from its headphone output has a sound signature similar to the Yuki. I bet that you are going to love it. But the DAC out the S9C Pro is not that analog and organic. It's a bit more technical and transparent, not sterile or clinical but not as analog as the amp out. I haven't tested this specific SMSL unit but from others I have reviewed, I think that the Aune will be a little warmer and smoother, not as clinical.

So for your case I would advise to get the S9C Pro as a DAC/amp but not as a DAC to feed the S17 Pro.

What I suggest is to try the Aune X8 XVIII with the Muses op-amp. I think that it will give you what you are looking after.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #81 of 82
Difficult to answer because look what happens: The Aune S9C Pro from its headphone output has a sound signature similar to the Yuki. I bet that you are going to love it. But the DAC out the S9C Pro is not that analog and organic. It's a bit more technical and transparent, not sterile or clinical but not as analog as the amp out. I haven't tested this specific SMSL unit but from others I have reviewed, I think that the Aune will be a little warmer and smoother, not as clinical.

So for your case I would advise to get the S9C Pro as a DAC/amp but not as a DAC to feed the S17 Pro.

What I suggest is to try the Aune X8 XVIII with the Muses op-amp. I think that it will give you what you are looking after.
Thx Ichos.

Just read your review, unfortunate that it doesn't sound as good on it's LO this DAC/AMP, I was hoping to save a little bit of money by going with this DAC rather than the Holo Audio Cyan 2, but I guess I'll just bite the bullet and go for it. Also I heard tha Aune it's coming with a stand alone DAC sometime soon, so maybe it would be a good idea to wait for that also.

The SMSL SU8s is a very good DAC for the money, specially if you use HQPlayer like myself.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #82 of 82
Thx Ichos.

Just read your review, unfortunate that it doesn't sound as good on it's LO this DAC/AMP, I was hoping to save a little bit of money by going with this DAC rather than the Holo Audio Cyan 2, but I guess I'll just bite the bullet and go for it. Also I heard tha Aune it's coming with a stand alone DAC sometime soon, so maybe it would be a good idea to wait for that also.

The SMSL SU8s is a very good DAC for the money, specially if you use HQPlayer like myself.
Aune S8c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back