Aune S17 pro
Nov 26, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #347 of 2,360
I am waiting the delivery of a unit bought in Aliexpress two weeks ago. After asking many times about the delay of the order (it hasn't been shipped yet), the store gave me the information that the factory was checking all units before delivery. Hope that all goes well and I get a fully working unit! Fingers crossed...
Funny you mentioned this, i was experiencing the same delay issues with AliExpress, i ultimately decided to cancel the order, i couldn’t stand the wait, cancellation and refund were easy and quick, i may use AliExpress again in the future but not for anything i need in a timely manner.

Nov 26, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #348 of 2,360
Nov 26, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #353 of 2,360
I am waiting the delivery of a unit bought in Aliexpress two weeks ago. After asking many times about the delay of the order (it hasn't been shipped yet), the store gave me the information that the factory was checking all units before delivery. Hope that all goes well and I get a fully working unit! Fingers crossed...
Sorry for your problem, but this sort of confirms my hesitancy in ordering from AliExpress despite the enticing 11.11 discounts, though I think some stores are more reliable than others (and while I cannot be sure, the explanation you got from the seller sounds like complete BS). I bit the bullet and ordered at full price from the official Aune store in China and it was in my hands in the US in a little under a week.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #354 of 2,360
Torx - small size
A very small one. I have a couple of (I think) Torx screwdrivers that I got from ZMF to fix a loose screw on my Aeolus. They are more like keys than screwdrivers, but both are far too large for the screw on the Aune remote. I don't use it much (though more than I thought I would), so it should be a while before I need to deal with changing the battery.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #355 of 2,360
Today I connected the aune s17 pro with dac crane song solaris which is a super transparent and detailed dac, and dca expanse headphones
I waited a little over half an hour to reach an adequate temperature,
In short, I haven't been so happy with music for a very long time, I didn't want to stop listening,
A huge amount of detail, a huge stage, amazing realism and tone, it really puts you 'there',
I listened to a lot of classical and jazz, in busy music every instrument is clearly distinguished and without effort, no detail is missed, from the highest to the double basses that sound terrifying and terrifyingly real, in general there is a feeling of a concert hall,
A piano sounds sublime, you can almost touch the piano keys (in good recordings),
I say very cautiously (not definitively!) that it sounds better than even my favorite oor,
Pictures below

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #357 of 2,360
I have just received my S17 Pro headphone amp and it seems to have an issue. Serial Number S17 230188. There is definitely something wrong with the volume control. for example 36 37 38 39 all sound the same and have the same level, 40 then gets louder. 40 41 42 43 all sound the same. then 44 gets louder. Again 44 45 46 47 all sound the same then 48 gets louder. Again 48 49 50 51 sound the same and 52 gets louder. 52 53 54 55 sound the same then 56 gets louder and suddenly has much better sound quality. Any setting below 56 is very muffled and lacks sound quality. Then from 56 on up to the top volume setting each step gets much, much louder each time.

Which leads to the second question mark of how can it be that I am able to listen at 58-60 with Hifiman Ananda Nano headphones without the level being much too loud?

The associated equipment chain is laptop running wasapi to Foobar2000, USB out to either IFI Zendac 2 to the RCA inputs or Behringer DEQ2496 then balanced to the amp. The IFI is slightly louder. But neither of these line level sources should require 60 on the amp to drive the Nanos. The IFI headphone amp is equally loud as the S17 with both volume knobs pegged (barely enough on some tracks) even though the Aune is supposed to output 7 Watts.

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #358 of 2,360
I have just received my S17 Pro headphone amp and it seems to have an issue. Serial Number S17 230188. There is definitely something wrong with the volume control. for example 36 37 38 39 all sound the same and have the same level, 40 then gets louder. 40 41 42 43 all sound the same. then 44 gets louder. Again 44 45 46 47 all sound the same then 48 gets louder. Again 48 49 50 51 sound the same and 52 gets louder. 52 53 54 55 sound the same then 56 gets louder and suddenly has much better sound quality. Any setting below 56 is very muffled and lacks sound quality. Then from 56 on up to the top volume setting each step gets much, much louder each time.

Which leads to the second question mark of how can it be that I am able to listen at 58-60 with Hifiman Ananda Nano headphones without the level being much too loud?

The associated equipment chain is laptop running wasapi to Foobar2000, USB out to either IFI Zendac 2 to the RCA inputs or Behringer DEQ2496 then balanced to the amp. The IFI is slightly louder. But neither of these line level sources should require 60 on the amp to drive the Nanos. The IFI headphone amp is equally loud as the S17 with both volume knobs pegged (barely enough on some tracks) even though the Aune is supposed to output 7 Watts.
Color of your unit?

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #359 of 2,360

Users who are viewing this thread

Back