Aune S17 pro
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #196 of 2,360
use the promo code for 100$ discount over 500$ product. You can find 622$ S17pro if you search the product name, then you can get some extra discounts if you have coins.
What promo code?

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #197 of 2,360
What promo code?
varies depending on where you leave. it is not exclusive. you will find the one from their coupon center in the app.

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #198 of 2,360
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #199 of 2,360
For the US, it’s AEUS100.
Wow, just ordered one in black, going to return the silver unit i have this week, saved me $177, thanks a lot guys!

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #200 of 2,360
This promotion makes perfect sense for everyone except EU buyers :/ at this point best offer we have from hifigo with yun express shipping cause shipping and all taxes are included. From my perspective it's more 100$ cheaper then the best offer on alie.

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #201 of 2,360
use the promo code for 100$ discount over 500$ product. You can find 622$ S17pro if you search the product name, then you can get some extra discounts if you have coins.
Hmm, this is interesting but makes me nervous. I'm planning on buying the S17 Pro in a few days, but unfortunately it's not available from any of the sellers I generally use in the US or China. (It's not available from any US sellers at all except Amazon, which had recently been showing it as out of stock but now shows delivery in late November or December; also I try to avoid Amazon for large purchases since they will charge me almost 7% in NJ sales tax which most sellers do not.) I had tentatively decided to go with HiFiGo or Penon, both of which appear to have a solid reputation and reasonably quick delivery. Unfortunately, neither appear to include the S17 as part of their 11.11 sale.

I've always avoided AliExpress because of slow shipping and because there's just something that strikes me as very sketchy about their site, though I have heard they are reliable. Searching for the S17 Pro on AliExpress returns at least eight entries from various stores (I'm not sure if I understand how AliExpress works), most for $699, but a couple for $629. I also see the 11.11 discount coupons. Since I'm retired on a fixed income, these savings are significant for me (or I wouldn't be avoiding the sales tax charge from Amazon, LOL). Nonetheless, I'm still very reluctant to use AliExpress and probably will pay more from HiFiGo or Penon (the estimated delivery on AliExpress is not too bad but still slower than the others). If anyone with experience with these sellers has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #202 of 2,360
Hmm, this is interesting but makes me nervous. I'm planning on buying the S17 Pro in a few days, but unfortunately it's not available from any of the sellers I generally use in the US or China. (It's not available from any US sellers at all except Amazon, which had recently been showing it as out of stock but now shows delivery in late November or December; also I try to avoid Amazon for large purchases since they will charge me almost 7% in NJ sales tax which most sellers do not.) I had tentatively decided to go with HiFiGo or Penon, both of which appear to have a solid reputation and reasonably quick delivery. Unfortunately, neither appear to include the S17 as part of their 11.11 sale.

I've always avoided AliExpress because of slow shipping and because there's just something that strikes me as very sketchy about their site, though I have heard they are reliable. Searching for the S17 Pro on AliExpress returns at least eight entries from various stores (I'm not sure if I understand how AliExpress works), most for $699, but a couple for $629. I also see the 11.11 discount coupons. Since I'm retired on a fixed income, these savings are significant for me (or I wouldn't be avoiding the sales tax charge from Amazon, LOL). Nonetheless, I'm still very reluctant to use AliExpress and probably will pay more from HiFiGo or Penon (the estimated delivery on AliExpress is not too bad but still slower than the others). If anyone with experience with these sellers has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.
This is a first for me with AliExpress, i will say that I’ve already gotten a shipped status and have been contacted by the seller personally all within an hour of ordering

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #204 of 2,360
imho, the S17 is stellar. Build like a tank, sounds devine and deserves all the praise it can get.
As i´ve said before, short time after my first listen to the s17(Dire Straits- Sultans of Swing 22/Rem), will never forget this moment btw.,:gs1000smile: i gladly sold my phonitor xe and vio v280fe and til today i have no regrets.
I know Topping and SMSL has their loyal fanbase, so let me put it this way - both don't even play at the same league and not even close to spl- and violectric amps.
I believe that when it comes to dynamics, the Ladder R2-R type volume control plays a fundamental role, I own an Aune BU2 which implemented the same technology and has crazy dynamics control even at low volumes, better than many other DACs/ Desktop amps

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #205 of 2,360

same here. I tend to buy anything more expensive than ~300 dollars from sellers easy to deal with return and refund. For example, Amazon has very hassle free return process and whenever there is a QC issue for the product that I buy, I can either return or get partial refund if that is minor issue such as cosmetic blemishes.
I remember that Aune store at amazon provided some degree of discount during amazon prime sale or black friday, but I am not expecting this much discount we now see from AE. Hard to decide...

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #206 of 2,360
is this amp so good? I am using topping a90d but thinking of adding this amp if those two provides different tastes.
Has anyone compared this with usual topping or SMSL sounds?
I know that there are a couple of youtube reviewers covered this topic but wondering if there's a real user's take.
No offence to you, but the A90 sounds like poo. This amp stomps it.

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #207 of 2,360
haha. it is completely fine. I bought it mostly because it will perform well with my IEMs (due to its relay volume control).
If S17 pro sounds a lot better, I will happily add another amp for my forthcoming headphone journey.

Nov 12, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #208 of 2,360
Well that's one way to put it, I guess 😁
In which way are they so different to you?
I'm considering trying the A70 Pro from Topping at some point but this Aune is also interesting as an alternative.

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #209 of 2,360
I thought I was close to finishing upgrading and happy with my current setup, then I heard about this amp. :)

What is it like with IEMs? Mine has a balanced cable and from the spec it looks too powerful but I'm sure they must have thought of that.

Also, is there a supply shortage at the moment or just very few dealers?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #210 of 2,360
Well that's one way to put it, I guess 😁
In which way are they so different to you?
I'm considering trying the A70 Pro from Topping at some point but this Aune is also interesting as an alternative.
The review above from Audiophile Heaven closely matches my experience (as a preamp) with regards to tonality. The S17 imparts its character similarly on all files. I've recently had the Schiit Saga +, Topping pre90, Gustard H16, and some other passive and active models in the same system. Besides the passives, to my ears, the Schiit seemed to be the most neutral even with the tube buffer, the Topping was bright in my system and the S17 sounds somewhat 12AU7-ish but a bit darker and with quieter background and large pleasant sound stage, good instrument definition and layering. But to me, S17 seems to homogenize everything in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back