Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Sep 11, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #812 of 824
'A lot of love' - a solitary alpha build on a Russian-hosted site. If the Xduoo DAPs are worth my cash then they should have mainlined Rockbox support.
What I mean is many of their Daps have gotten Rockbox port developments and the newly released ones are still getting ports.

Sep 12, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #813 of 824
Sorry but isn't there a specific thread for Xduoo? :)

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #814 of 824
Btw, bringing thread to its original target, I personally can say this DAP is one of the most intuitive I've used so far in terms of UI, both hardware and software.

It might not seems that straightforward to most, neither is a "rich" interface, but it seems as there has been a lot of "thinking" behind some solutions they come up with. I mean in particular the use of the volume wheel, the long press behaviour of buttons, customizable behaviour when lock is on... all very straight, plain, simple, direct.

Apart from sound capabilities, where I do not want to enter to, in general I consider this DAP "essential", "effortless" in making music flow out, and "lean" and "straight" in terms of use.

It's a pity it is a bit "choosy" on file format and cue parsing, but in general I do think for the price you can find it now it is still a good buy.

Finally, I am using it together with the B1s (when home), and I really love the symbiosis...

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #815 of 824
Judging by the M2's disappearance on online marketplaces, production of it has ended. It's a shame Aune never developed the dock (M2-T) beyond the prototype phase, it could have been quite neat. My gut feeling is that their firmware platform was too limited for what they envisioned.

Dec 18, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #822 of 824
I recently bought one of these from a fellow Head-Fi'er. I have to admit, I miss having a touch screen and album art. However, the operating system is lightning fast which is great. The vast majority of the time I simply "run" a playlist with the songs I've loaded on my SD card in alphabetical order by title so I don't even notice the UI.

Sound-wise, it seems to be between my A&K AK70 Mk II and Questyle QP2r. It's a little "drier" than my A&K, a little less dynamic than my Questyle. Midrange is quite good, so piano, guitar and vocals are all well presented. Deep bass isn't quite as detailed or powerful as with my Questyle or as lush as with my A&K. Detail retrieval isn't quite up to the same level as either of my other DAPs. All that negative-sounding stuff aside, sound is quite satisfying, especially given the used price. Too bad Aune doesn't have a current DAP, I would definitely consider it.

May 31, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #823 of 824
Time has come...Selling my Aune M2 Pro in mint condition for a very tasty price. The thread in classifieds is created - come and check if interested:wink:.
Selling off my collections.

Works really well with any earbuds including hard to drive, high ohms like Puresound PS100-260, Ve Zen etc. Btw, it sounds better than DTR1...
20210322_140244.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back