Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Feb 16, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #751 of 1,991

So someone kindly passed along one of the engineering samples for me to try out. It arrived last night. So far I am really enjoying it....I have a pair of Monk Plus (balanced) and they definitely benefit from being balanced. It sounds great...not sure if it meets the Aune M2, but I listened to that so long ago I can't reliably speak to it. 

The UI, is as I experienced on the M2, delightfully simple. I appreciate that a lot. Sometimes more can be done with less. The unit fires up, tells you if there is no card, scans a card as soon as you drop it in, and plays great thereafter, no problems. 

The D-Pad works great. As noted the center button on the engineering samples is loose. Nothing that freaks me out though. If I feel particularly masochistic this weekend I'll open the unit up and see if I can fix the rattle. 

I am on firmware 1.01. No clipping of the first second of a song for me. Maybe I am an ignorant brute and just don't hear it? LOL. 

Dang it, I forgot to send you a case.

LOL. No worries. I ordered one from Penon this morning.

Just updated to firmware 1.03 over my lunch break. Will give it some time this afternoon.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #752 of 1,991

Life is good
smile_phones.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #753 of 1,991

Got it today, love that resolution, I have no idea about filter setting. For F111, I leave it with MP filter. It sounds natural to my ears.
I wanna ask, is it worth apply balanced cable on single driver like F111?

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #754 of 1,991
Imho an iem like that will undoubtably benefit in lots of ways balanced. All my iems do.
It would be an audio sex crime to not use the balanced out of the M1s.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #755 of 1,991
I've just done a diy balanced cabl for my trinity phantom sabre, and it sounds 
biggrin.gif
. There's a really big diffference betwen balanced and unbalanced. There's more soundstage, more bass, more fun.

You've blanced so use balanced 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #758 of 1,991
Yep, any IEM that supports detatchable cable has the ability to go balanced. Just get a cable that is balanced terminated with 2.5mm TRRS (4 pole) that fits your iem. Or terminated with 3.5mm TRRS (4 pole) and then use an adapter to get it to 2.5mm TRRS. VE make great adapters I have lots of them. They are like 5 bucks a pop. There's gotta be a thread for other adapter options if you want.

I'm talking just iems, headphones are a different story.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #763 of 1,991
Not sure how it could get much smaller and incorporate its features and sound quality. Being that chord mojo was supposed to be pocket friendly, which isn't never been for me, the m1s fits the bill for its size/sound in my book.

Sure for the features it has I suppose it had to be that size. I guess I didn't realize 126mm was that long. I wonder if I can find a camera case that fits this that will also fit comfortably in my coat pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back