Audirvana Studio
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #121 of 124
When we use these upsampling in Audirvāna, do we have to reduce the digital volume by few dB to avoid digital clipping ? Like we do in HQPlayer

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #122 of 124
When we use these upsampling in Audirvāna, do we have to reduce the digital volume by few dB to avoid digital clipping ? Like we do in HQPlayer

Nope, I never had to do that, there isn't any clipping in this situation.

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #123 of 124
Thanks for sharing your experience. Mine is already set at 95% on Nyquist :)
Maybe I’ll try 88-90%.

Am currently using “Max Device Frequency”. Is (2x) the better way to go ? I previously used (2x) with Audirvana and then max it to 24/192 using my LP RS05, but notice little difference so I switched to Max Device Freq instead.

I see,

24/192 is not gonna sound too different to the x2 Upsample setting, it's only with the 768khz (which is the MAX for my DAC) that the highs start to roll off and the dynamics softened to a DSD like filtering.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #124 of 124
I don't know why you care about up sampling. Oh, right, it's only playing samples per second, and there must be a way to fake filling some more in. If your highs are rolling off, you have an EQ balance or setup problem. Dynamics are where my current setup is blowing away all I've previously had, except I think I need to spend 2x as much on a better amp, to bring out the impact that really should be there. Yesterday, it was the lovely headphone senorita's. They're pleasantly into percussion at a variety of frequencies accompanying their bass notes, and the electronic drums had good transient attack, compared to how electronic music started. Yeah, costed $ for this amp to do that this well, but I bet it can be better. But first, my power cable is only a $60 fat one with cheap shielding. It's way better than I had, but is probably still only like my BJC IC is, and can only sound like $60 is a much better cable than just stock.
Hah, Megadeth just said "Hey Jihad Joe, we're coming to get you!", from 2007 (2019 remaster, but nope, it must have just been an iMac engineer, since the sample rate toggle stayed at 16/44.1). In your dreams, Mr Successful, the Muslims think it sucks worse and is more boring than anyone while it's not their dicks. Nobody has to make sure it's always about what they don't care about as much as my neighbor Larry, though. He's the second most simple type of guy, he fool's people by just being an asshole, instead. Yup, he probably secretly thinks that's a good joke.
Anyways, you guys are my favorite people on the internet. You care about what playback is truly supposed to be. Criminals will be against you being like that, especially if you start talking about which subwoofer is the best only speaker you need to play back just criminal just rap, and for sure we have to admit to keeping it to the correct forum for our chosen playback subject, but that's because we're the experts at internet chatting.
Sorry for going OT, second half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back