Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 - unable to install drivers! PLEASE HELP!
Jul 2, 2010 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gam01

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I just recieved my Prodigy HD2 from a friend of mine.

I plugged it to the PCI slot and now i have a BIG problem.

I downloaded the newest drivers from Audiotrak official site: http://download.audiotrak.net/?w=at&p=19&g=1&l=en
for Windows 7 (I've got 32bit ver.).

Unfortunately I am unable to install those drivers. I simply double click on the application icon and nothing happens. It seems like some application is running, but only for a 1-2sec and then it close itself. I tried to run it with some compatibilities to XP, 98 etc., nothing works.

I also tried to install the older drivers. The same thing happens - the setup doesn't even run.

I'm totally pissed off.

PLEASE HELP,
gam01

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 12
the ESI drivers provide native ASIO, but the windows master volume doesn't work in the latest version(and the older version is said to crash a lot in games), also they BSOD on 24bit KS on XP(32 bit works fine, though)..the VIA generic drivers are much more often updated, do 24 bit KS and are dead stable.

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #8 of 12
except if you REALLY need native ASIO/DirectWire, the generic VIA drivers are just much more stable IMHO.

in the latest ESI EWDM drivers, there's a separate slider for the main volume output...but it's not slaved to the windows master volume, which is very annoying if you have headphones plugged directly to he card.

Jul 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 12
well, IIRC the 0.978 version only had Wave and Master: http://www.audiotrak.co.kr/zeroboard/data/prodigyhd2/prodigy_hd2_x2v_0978_vista_x64.jpg

both were slaved to the windows mixer, and the newer version doesn't have Master anymore...it's got a separate slider that you have to move manually in their GUI if you use KS, someone else complained about it on their forum...but ESI never answer to customers anyway, and I don't even know why they released those drivers considering Gyrocom bought AudioTrak from them.

Jul 3, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
and the newer version doesn't have Master anymore..

Doesnt ''output'' in the new version do the same thing as Master in the old version?
Now I have it set to -10db so I can turn up the amp some more. Not sure if this matters.

And yes, customer service is just awful over at the forums. That alone is reason enough to move on to another manufacturer.

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #12 of 12
well, they also don't answer tech support emails...not like they have to, considering Audiotrak is owned by Gyrocom now anyway.

Well, -10dB might matter coz you don't know how accurate the volume attenuation is...it's 64fp in uLilith and foobar, better use that IMHO.

The windows master volume is hardware accelerated in the VIA drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back