AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #5,506 of 5,890
Drivers coherency. Almost all tribrids exhibit this traits one way or another.

DT600 on my iphone 6S (3ohm) is near perfection. I’ve never heard BA bass done this way. @RikudouGoku get it!

Do you have a T800 to compare with the DT600?

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #5,508 of 5,890
Drivers coherency. Almost all tribrids exhibit this traits one way or another.

DT600 on my iphone 6S (3ohm) is near perfection. I’ve never heard BA bass done this way. @RikudouGoku get it!
Not interested after hearing the DT300.

And hey, looks like my unit IS correct.

graph.png

graph (1).png

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #5,509 of 5,890
I have a few updates:

DT300f.jpg

Audiosense sent me a replacement unit (Left) and channel matching is now great.
kudos to AS for fast and hassle free service. I will start listening and give my impressions soon.

DT600

DT600.jpgDT600f.jpg

Audiosense included 80ohm impedance adapter, but I feel they should've included a 30ohm one which to my ears shifts the tonality to more balanced one. With 30ohm adapter, DT600 sounds like the Monarch I used to own, but without the coherency issue.
Hello, may I know where do you get a 30ohm IA? Thank you

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #5,510 of 5,890
BA1C152D-3DF6-4D7E-BC09-81771211AD54.jpeg

DT600 First Impression

The DT600’s low end is the most attention-grabbing aspect as it is incredibly deep and powerful, yet controlled and nicely detailed. The bottomless bass extension is a bit of shock coming from all BA implementation. The bass is forward in the overall signature but manages to be powerful without throwing off too much balance. It can be reasonably tame when necessary, but can also become dominant and explosive when track calls for it. The lack of a mid-bass hump definitely helps, eliminating the bloat, and the sub-bass emphasis gives the low end good rumble and a tactile feel. The drivers are also one of the quicker ones out there and convey a good resolution, layering and texture akin to the high quality DD drivers. The difference between the DT600 and lesser bass-heavy earphones such as the KZ BA10 is obvious- next to the DT600, the BA10 sounds overly soft and bloated, with noticeably poorer clarity and detail. Even the similarly-priced GS Audio GT12 lacks a bit of control, extension and tightness at the low end next to the DT600.

The midrange of the DT600 is recessed slightly in comparison to the low and lacks clarity and detail in low OI which clears up nicely when using high Z-out. It’s still not quite up there with the RS10 or Sony IER-M9 on either count but competes well with the GT12 and SE12. The mids can be overly warm and thick at >3ohm output impedance but changes to more neutral tone using 30ohm impedance adapter. On Shanling M8 single ended, DT600 sounds smooth and slightly ‘euphoric and diffused’ in character, which contributes to a more romantic British speaker-type of sound next to the sharper, drier and more monitor like sound of the GS SE11 and IER-M9. The treble is boosted in comparison to the mids, but not overly so. The top end of the DT600 isn’t laid-back and will not mask issues with the source material. It is a little more edgy than DT200 but no less smooth on the whole. Upper treble extension is only moderately good (on low output impedance) to almost great (high OI) device but the overall treble quantity should be sufficient for most listeners.

The presentation of the DT600 is not particularly impressive for a top-tier earphone within the DT lineup, but works well enough with the sound signature. The soundstage is relatively well-rounded but width and depth are only about average, superseded easily by the spacious soundstage of the GS SE11 and 3DT. However, the DT600 images better than the similarly priced GT12 does, providing a more accurate sense of placement and distance. The timbre is not up there with the Sony IER-Z1R, Oriolus Isabellae, or even Dunu Zen, but then neither is the price. Within its price tier, the DT600 is very competitive- I don’t feel that ThieAudio Legacy series earphones perform better, for example. A final point to note- as before, the Audiosense is not at its most brilliant at low listening volumes but- due to the newfound treble prominence- it may now become tiring at moderately high levels as well. But within that narrow sweet spot, the DT600 throws out very enjoyable and dynamic sound.

73ABFB61-0F84-499E-94FF-9CCADCCBD280.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #5,511 of 5,890
DT600 First Impression

The DT600’s low end is the most attention-grabbing aspect as it is incredibly deep and powerful, yet controlled and nicely detailed. The bottomless bass extension is a bit of shock coming from all BA implementation. The bass is forward in the overall signature but manages to be powerful without throwing off too much balance. It can be reasonably tame when necessary, but can also become dominant and explosive when track calls for it. The lack of a mid-bass hump definitely helps, eliminating the bloat, and the sub-bass emphasis gives the low end good rumble and a tactile feel. The drivers are also one of the quicker ones out there and convey a good resolution, layering and texture akin to the high quality DD drivers. The difference between the DT600 and lesser bass-heavy earphones such as the KZ BA10 is obvious- next to the DT600, the BA10 sounds overly soft and bloated, with noticeably poorer clarity and detail. Even the similarly-priced GS Audio GT12 lacks a bit of control, extension and tightness at the low end next to the DT600.

The midrange of the DT600 is recessed slightly in comparison to the low and lacks clarity and detail in low OI which clears up nicely when using high Z-out. It’s still not quite up there with the RS10 or Sony IER-M9 on either count but competes well with the GT12 and SE12. The mids can be overly warm and thick at >3ohm output impedance but changes to more neutral tone using 30ohm impedance adapter. On Shanling M8 single ended, DT600 sounds smooth and slightly ‘euphoric and diffused’ in character, which contributes to a more romantic British speaker-type of sound next to the sharper, drier and more monitor like sound of the GS SE11 and IER-M9. The treble is boosted in comparison to the mids, but not overly so. The top end of the DT600 isn’t laid-back and will not mask issues with the source material. It is a little more edgy than DT200 but no less smooth on the whole. Upper treble extension is only moderately good (on low output impedance) to almost great (high OI) device but the overall treble quantity should be sufficient for most listeners.

The presentation of the DT600 is not particularly impressive for a top-tier earphone within the DT lineup, but works well enough with the sound signature. The soundstage is relatively well-rounded but width and depth are only about average, superseded easily by the spacious soundstage of the GS SE11 and 3DT. However, the DT600 images better than the similarly priced GT12 does, providing a more accurate sense of placement and distance. The timbre is not up there with the Sony IER-Z1R, Oriolus Isabellae, or even Dunu Zen, but then neither is the price. Within its price tier, the DT600 is very competitive- I don’t feel that ThieAudio Legacy series earphones perform better, for example. A final point to note- as before, the Audiosense is not at its most brilliant at low listening volumes but- due to the newfound treble prominence- it may now become tiring at moderately high levels as well. But within that narrow sweet spot, the DT600 throws out very enjoyable and dynamic sound.
Yes,gotta agree at low listening volume they're really meh, but once you crank it up,oh man..
they're entirely different!

Sep 24, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #5,514 of 5,890
Seems that DT300 seems doesn't fare well with an AKM DAC . Kinda lack of dynamics and way more smoother treble response.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #5,515 of 5,890
DT600 with 30ohm impedance adapter is really great for classical music. One of the best BA timbre and accurate imaging /layering really draws me into the music.

Bought the 20ohm impedance adapter as well to see how DT600 behaves with it.

Glad to hear this! I've popped an order in for it and I'm looking forward to hearing it. Sounds like an interesting beast. What impedance adapters are you using?

Edit: purchased the DUNU 30ohm in anticipation

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #5,516 of 5,890
Got a pair of dt600 en route. Excited to see how audiosense has changed since the t800.

Oct 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #5,518 of 5,890
Oct 1, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #5,519 of 5,890
Can anyone do a size comparison between the DT200 and DT600?

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #5,520 of 5,890
Can anyone do a size comparison between the DT200 and DT600?
CMIIW but I think the entire DT line has about the same shell, just with internal and finishing differences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back